Article Requests

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

dbvirago

Article Requests

Post by dbvirago »

I have a question about article request submission. I have been on CC for quite a while, but just submitted my first response for a request. Once I did, it didn't show up in my content. I assumed that was because it was only viewable by CC and the requester. Is that correct?

At any rate, I just saw that an article was sold for the request and it isn't mine. So where is my article now? Not sure I would want to, but couldn't I have it as part of my regular content? At any rate, I can submit it elsewhere, correct?

Or did I miss the boat completely and it was never submitted. I know I used the 'for request' drop down.

Thanks for any help or advice.
jak

Re: Article Requests

Post by jak »

Take a look at your list of articles in My Content (See the menu on the left side of the page). If the title is not there, it was not successfully submitted. After submission the site displays a message that tells you the piece has been reserved for the requester. Articles for requests should be kept from your portfolio for three days while the requester is given a chance to view your content excerpt and buy it. If it's not been purchased by then, it should be automatically transferred to the main site and show up as your work, although the site is sometimes a little tardy about this. If you want to place it elsewhere you can delete it or make sure you are only offering usage rights here.
dbvirago

Re: Article Requests

Post by dbvirago »

Not seeing it. I'll have to pay more attention. I've got a lot of articles here and never forgot to submit.