Can I Submit Blog Posts As Articles?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LoveMiamiBlog

Can I Submit Blog Posts As Articles?

Post by LoveMiamiBlog »

Hi, as above. I'm delighted to be here. I have reviews and posts on my blog (http://www.LoveMiamiBlog.com) that I would like to offer as articles, is that acceptable here?

Thanks!
SJHillman

Re: Can I Submit Blog Posts As Articles?

Post by SJHillman »

As long as it falls within CC's guidelines (IE: no editorial pieces) then it should be acceptable - just be sure you only sell it for usage rights.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

BUT....
I don't see any "by so-and-so" attributed to any blog posts. CC has no real way of knowing if those blog posts belong to you. If your name or pen name is "Joe Blow" then you might want to go into your blog and add "By Joe Blow." Otherwise, at best your articles will be rejected because the authorship is unknown. At worst, you could be accused of plagiarism.
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

I've resold a few of my blog pieces, but I tend to go the other direction and post them here first. If they don't sell in about a month, I might add them to my blog and leave them up for usage rights instead of full or usage, which doesn't trip plagiarism checks. OTOH, I think I'd be fine if I moved from my blog to here, too, since I use the same name on both. The Terms of Service here requires that any duplicate content you submit is clearly identifiable as yours and ONLY available for usage.