Writers Pools

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Isabelnewth

Writers Pools

Post by Isabelnewth »

Hallo, could anyone clarify whether it's possible to apply for inclusion in the writers pools? There are references in the forum posts to applying for the pools, but the general information on the site suggests that one has to wait to be asked. Is that something that has changed recently, leading to the discrepancy? Many thanks to anyone who can advise.
ConstanceB

Re: Writers Pools

Post by ConstanceB »

Hi Isabel,

I posted the same question a few days ago in another section of the forum, but no one has replied to date. I think that probably everyone is a little confused at the moment. On the other hand, the changes to the writer pools haven't been made yet, and the old way of applying is still available. I originally applied to one pool, and now I wanted to add a few pools to my profile, so I just applied the old way. If CC didn't want us to apply that way anymore, they would have taken off that page, no? Anyway, that was my way of reasoning :) Good luck!
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Thanks! I haven't seen a way to apply on the site, could you point me to it? I suspect that I won't be able to, but as you say, no harm in trying! Thanks again.
squonk

Post by squonk »

I've been waiting for almost a month, and still no answer.
ConstanceB

Post by ConstanceB »

If you have at least ten articles in your profile, then you should be able to see a link to the writer pools in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen under the heading My Account. I just got accepted for another pool. Now I am just waiting on two more to come through, or not. I takes time. I think CC is probably a relatively small business with only a couple of people responsible for many different tasks. With so many writers, things can take a while. But do hang in there. I have been with CC for while now and my earnings are slowly rising, and I see a lot of interesting request coming up. I definitely think this is a growing business and there is a lot of potential here.
iamyownboss

Post by iamyownboss »

Hi,
I was recently got my 10 approved articles and I went to the Writers Pool settings and entered availability etc, but under the sub headings like "Articles", "Seo", etc., the buttons are grey out, so does this mean I have to wait for some invitation before I can see the pools and apply? How long does it take? Its been over 2 weeks since I could access the link, but nothing has happened since then. Any help would be appreciated.
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

You must have at least ten articles approved, and a 60% acceptance rate. If you have ten articles that have been accepted, then you'll also see your acceptance rate on the writers pool page. When both of those conditions have been met, you'll see an "Apply" button appear under each available category.
iamyownboss

Post by iamyownboss »

Hi jellygator,
I think the process to apply may have changed, although I may be wrong. I have over 20 articles submitted, with my approval rate over 70%, but the only thing that changed for me, was that I could access the "Writer pool settings" page and I can see my stats. There is no "apply" button on this page, only a place for me to select the turnover rate and no. of articles I want per week. I set these, but nothing has happened since then. Has anyone been able to apply for specific categories after these changes?
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

I emailed the editors direct and that resulted in my writers pool tab appearing on the left. I was shocked to see there that my acceptance rate is only 38%, and I was also surprised to see that apparently one applies for a whole category like 'articles' rather than more specific subject headings: maybe those options appear later in the process.

I am still unclear about the whole business, but I am thinking and hoping that the editors may explain it all soon!
iamyownboss

Post by iamyownboss »

Yes, the writers pool link is only the first step. Once you become eligible you'll be able to set 2 things, but you still won't be able to apply for any category. I think the editor has to invite you. I'll wait till I write a bit more and then email support about this. it doesn't look like anyone here knows what the current process is. BTW, everytime an article is rejected, that counts in the approval rate but the no. of articles submitted remains the same. So if one article is rejected more than once your rate goes down by quite a bit. That's probably the reason your approval rate is lower than what you expected.