Three strikes...you stay?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

vividdawn

Three strikes...you stay?

Post by vividdawn »

I can't seem to find the "three strikes you're out" thing on any of the website pages (help, guidelines, terms and conditions, etc.), but see it quite often on the forums. Where is the actual rule about that?
Also, I have seen people post on the forums that they have had up to half a dozen rejections but are still allowed to write and submit while others get their accounts suspended/banned after the 3rd. So which is it?

I have a horrible time about passive voice and commas, so I'm worried sick about getting booted before I really even get a chance to get started here. Granted I will proof read and edit my articles to death, but I do that elsewhere too and still get caught with mistakes.

But even with the 35% cut, I can still make more money here than I can other places... IF my writing skills can get good enough.
*trudges off to study commas and try to remember all the rules, exceptions to the rules and exceptions to the exceptions!*
Constant

Re: Three strikes...you stay?

Post by Constant »

Generally, as long as your articles are good, and you take the editors' feedback to heart and revise your articles accordingly when they are rejected, you shouldn't need to worry about being suspended.
vividdawn

Re: Three strikes...you stay?

Post by vividdawn »

Awesome! Thanks!
I'll start writing an article tonight, after I get home from my manual labor job!