To mention 'introduction' and 'conclusion' as headline

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

rab2010

To mention 'introduction' and 'conclusion' as headline

Post by rab2010 »

Guidelines for authors require:

Professionally written articles include:
Introductions and conclusions
Useful information

I want to clarify whether 'Introduction' and 'Conclusion' should be specifically marked as headline. Also, I would like to know while submitting the article (I choose Word format), do I need to include title of the article and whether the title would be part of word count. Also, do I need to keep the title of the article in bold? Thanks in advance.
AteoAltruist

Re: To mention 'introduction' and 'conclusion' as headline

Post by AteoAltruist »

I also wondered about the title on the submitted .doc, and if I should include in the word count. Will articles be rejected for something like that?
jak

Post by jak »

Your title should be in bold in your document. I don't count the title in the word count, nor do I put intro or conclusion as sub headings. Just make sure that your first paragraph introduces your subject and your last one does a bit of summing up to conclude.
SJHillman

Post by SJHillman »

I've never included any titles or headers in my document. Your introduction and conclusion should clearly stand out on their own without being labeled as such. If you do include any headers, they should not be part of the wordcount as they are not part of the content.
AteoAltruist

Post by AteoAltruist »

2 different authors, with a combined total of over 6 years of experience on this site, both have different opinions with respect to title. I will presume it doesn't really matter, and if I run into an issue post back here. You guys that take time to help those of us just spreading our feather quills are awesome!
Tony.
kassiesamp

Post by kassiesamp »

Here is the template that was provided by Constant in relation to another query - if you can't open it here, use the Forum's search function, using the word "template". Or paste the url into your Internet browser - this worked for me.

http://www.constant-content.com/about/s ... riters.htm

'Introduction' and 'Conclusion' are not used as headers.

Kind Regards,

Karen