No views on my articles?!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Tster

No views on my articles?!

Post by Tster »

'Bicycle' is both in the list of recently searched terms, and popular search terms, however, my article (which appears top upon searching 'bicycle') is getting no views. Any tips on what might be bring in more views and potentially customers?
SJHillman

Re: No views on my articles?!

Post by SJHillman »

The best thing you can do is be patient. There's generally very little correlation between the number of views and how quickly an article will sell. My articles that accumulated the highest viewcounts in the first month have never sold. Conversely, I've had several articles sell after a few weeks or months with only one or two views.

Furthermore, if it was just recently accepted, it may be that nobody has come looking for articles yet. Many clients have a set day of the week or month that they will browse for new articles.

However, it may be that you need to work on the keywords your article uses. Some people may search "bicycling", "bike", "cycling", "cyclists" or other terms. The more of these terms you have, the more likely someone will find it if they are looking.
Tster

Re: No views on my articles?!

Post by Tster »

SJHillman wrote:The best thing you can do is be patient. There's generally very little correlation between the number of views and how quickly an article will sell. My articles that accumulated the highest viewcounts in the first month have never sold. Conversely, I've had several articles sell after a few weeks or months with only one or two views.

Furthermore, if it was just recently accepted, it may be that nobody has come looking for articles yet. Many clients have a set day of the week or month that they will browse for new articles.

However, it may be that you need to work on the keywords your article uses. Some people may search "bicycling", "bike", "cycling", "cyclists" or other terms. The more of these terms you have, the more likely someone will find it if they are looking.
Thanks a lot for the information. Will give the last point a go.