How long to hear from Support?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Elsbeth

How long to hear from Support?

Post by Elsbeth »

I responded through the system about a note on a rejected article; wondered if anyone knows how long it usually takes to hear something.
Lysis

Re: How long to hear from Support?

Post by Lysis »

Not sure how the filter certain requests, but last time I sent a question through the contact form it took about a day or two to hear back.
tayalltheway

Post by tayalltheway »

I've definitely had emails go unanswered before, so I'd suggest reaching out again if it's been more than a few days.
Elsbeth

Post by Elsbeth »

Thanks for the responses. It was Monday afternoon and it seemed odd that they reviewed the article really fast but didn't respond to my message about it. I'll try again.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I've been working with them on some private requests, and I think they are slammed right now. In other words, really busy. It's a good problem to have! I like that they are busy! But, it probably seems like they are ignoring or not getting to it. I'd give it a few more days.
Elsbeth

Post by Elsbeth »

Well, it's been more than a week now for both the messages I sent, so I don't know what's up. Maybe they don't respond about rejected articles?

I feel hesitant to load up any more now; the reject message said they don't accept articles with links, but there weren't any links. :? I didn't do anything differently than I've ever done before with CC articles.
tayalltheway

Post by tayalltheway »

In the past with vague rejections, I've just resubmitted and written a note in the "comments to editors" section of the submission form saying that I didn't understand their last note. You could also mention that you've tried to contact them via the contact form and gotten no reply. When I've done that in the past, the article usually gets rejected again, but the editors usually clear up what they're trying to say.
Elsbeth

Post by Elsbeth »

Thank you; I will try that.