Please ... I need some advice!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

joywriter

Please ... I need some advice!

Post by joywriter »

I wrote an article in response to a requested content offer and the buyer thanked me for the article, liked it, and proposed another one with a different angle with a longer word count, saying they would probably buy the first one.
I asked (in the Q&A) about how much longer and suggested a word range, but haven't received a reply. Also, the first article hasn't been purchased so the "probably" rings loudly in my ears. Should I go ahead and write the follow-up article or wait until they purchase the original one? I've already done about two hours research for the suggested new topic and hate to do more in vain. This has all transpired in about three weeks now. I need advice please! :roll:
abraidwood

Post by abraidwood »

That's interesting. I'm in the same position. I replied to a public request, the customer said they'd be buying my article, and in the meantime here were two more topics they'd like covered. I've now written all three and they still haven't bought the first. It may well be that they WILL buy all three. But my instinct is to tell you to wait until they at least reply to your query.

Good luck to the both of us!

Alison
abraidwood

Post by abraidwood »

Actually, I've just looked at your articles and I think we're writing for the same customer.

I would definitely wait!

A
joywriter

Post by joywriter »

Ahaaa! Thanks for your input. Sounds like the same modus operandi? The writing life is certainly interesting! :lol:
abraidwood

Post by abraidwood »

Yes, very interesting :?

This is what they call "building up your writing portfolio" n'est pas? Euphemisms are us...

Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic and it'll all work out in the end. If not, at least I've learned something from the research!
joywriter

Post by joywriter »

Oui! Verimente!? :)
I'm an eternal student of life and the journey!
Thanks!
abraidwood

Post by abraidwood »

Aha! My faith in human nature's been restored.
joywriter

Post by joywriter »

:D :D :D :D Yes! Looks like the buyer bought two articles ... Was one yours? If so, had you submitted the additional two?
abraidwood

Post by abraidwood »

Yes, one was mine. I've submitted the other two, which they haven't bought yet, but at least this gives me hope that they possibly still will at some stage :)