Newbie concerns

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

guardian angel

Newbie concerns

Post by guardian angel »

Hi, I just signed in. I have read the writer submission guidelines but I seem to be confused.

I saw no restrictions about submitting my article here even if I already posted them in my own blogs so I have some concerns.

Can I submit them here without any changes, or do I need to re-write them to make them new again?

If I can submit my articles from my blogs without changes, can I can still submit them even if I already submitted them to article directories?

About word count, are the words like is, a, the and the like should be included in counting?

This is the first time I will be selling my articles, how can I be reasonable enough for me and the buyer? Is there a price matrix where I can refer to?

Sorry for the series of questions, I just want to maximize our time.

Thank you very much.
jak

Post by jak »

Hello again GA. (I just said hi in another thread).

Once you understand them, the rules here are quite simple really. Anything for which you own the copyright, but is already published elsewhere, including your blogs, can only be offered for usage rights. Customers who buy an article for usage know that it may already be published elsewhere, or that it might be in the future. You can only select unique or full rights for unpublished articles that you don't intend to put anywhere else. But if you rewrite what is already on your blog so that it is completely different, it will not be considered already published.

Pricing is a difficult one. When I came back to freelancing and started working on the web, I was shocked at the low level of payment offered these days. You can only earn a living with high volume sales. Fortunately for me, I am now at a stage in my life where I don't need significant income, and I do this at a level that I really enjoy. Sales are always a bonus of course. And payment is the same wherever you are in the world, which is good for some and not so good for others.

Here are some tips on pricing for CC:

1 In the Submit Article form, you will see the words Typical Prices in red. Click on them to see a table that you might find helpful. They are only guidelines though and will depend on how much time and effort you have put in and what you think customers are prepared to pay.

2 Click on Requested Content (in the list under your author name on the left) to see the public requests. Look at some of the descriptions and note what they say they will pay.

3 Click on Recently Sold Content to see what has been sold and for how much.

4 Finally, take a look at some other content (but not Private Requests where prices are negotiated differently) and see what other authors are charging.

Do read through the help section and the forums to see answers to other people's questions. It does take time to become familiar with everything.
Best of luck.
guardian angel

Post by guardian angel »

Thanks for your tips. I think they will be useful when I start submitting. However, I am still quite confused. Does this mean I can still sell my articles on my blogs? Does the price be higher if I re-write them?

Thanks again.
JD

Post by JD »

If you are going to sell your articles eslewhere, on your blog for example, then you can offer them for sale at Constant-Content for 'usage' rights only. Offering an article for 'full' or 'unique' rights means that it's not published anywhere else. If you have an article on your blog that you re-write to sell at Constant-Content, for full or unique rights, then it has to be quite different to the original article, otherwise when C-C run it through Copyscape (plagiarism checker) it will be caught. That's why the pricing structure is as it is: full and unique rights articles sell for more because they're just that.

Hope this helps. Welcome!
guardian angel

Post by guardian angel »

Now I know. Thanks for that. I just hope I can turn my old articles into gold.

Thanks to both of you.