what if requester asks for links to websites?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Beelissa

what if requester asks for links to websites?

Post by Beelissa »

A few weeks ago I stupidly submitted an article which was essentially a list of websites and it was rejected because there is a rule against links in the articles.

Currently, there is a request for an article on SEO for photography websites and they want links to sources and also links to examples sites, both several that do it well and a couple that make mistakes. How can this request be fulfilled if we can't put in links? I found an old post on this forum that says you can put in a url if it doesn't have the www part in it, like constantcontent.com would be okay, they said. But I wasn't sure if the context was correct, so I thought I'd ask. I don't want to waste my time writing the article if it won't get approved.

I appreciate the help!
Melissa
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

When a customer requests links, it's fine. Just put a note in the short summary alerting Ed that this is the case. Links are generally prohibited because customers DON'T want them (they send their customers away from their website). But if a customer specifically asks for them, it's okay. Let Ed know and it won't be a problem.