Sudden drop off in sales. Anyone else?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

jstevewhite

Re: Sudden drop off in sales. Anyone else?

Post by jstevewhite »

I check sometimes. I look at the recently sold content every day, and once in a while I look up the author if use was sold. I've not figured out how to find articles sold "full rights".

Been distracted lately, though, with life. Just finished a great book - "Blink", by Malcolm Gladwell. Great book about how our brain makes decisions, and how that process can fool us or reward us.
Dr. Kristie

Post by Dr. Kristie »

Celeste, you must be a mind reader. I've been tossing around the ebook idea for a while. In fact, a jewelry marketing ebook is what's foremost in my mind. I've thought about posting it on Lulu. I sure wish C.C. sold ebook rights. I'd love to be able to market it here. The main reasons I haven't done it is time and, of course, it's always a bit frightening trying something new. Have you ever written and marketed an ebook?

Kristie
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi,

Yes, earlier this summer I wrote a 40-page eBook detailing my Constant-Content success secrets but I haven't done much to market it yet. Even though I have a background in marketing and know what I ought to do, I just keep dragging my feet.
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

Post by Lisa-Anne Sanderson »

Hi Celeste,

That idea is sure to be popular! My articles are selling in dribs and drabs but I'm not having the success that I used to, so I'm very interested in buying the book.
Start marketing!
Dr. Kristie

Post by Dr. Kristie »

Celeste, I'll certainly buy a copy also. You already have two customers and you haven't even started marketing. Sounds like a good sign to me. Let us know when it's available. Have a great weekend. :-)

Kristie

P.S. BTW, I certainly know about foot dragging. I do some of that myself.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Thanks guys! It's more geared for newbies but you might still get a nugget or two. I've sold some copies through word of mouth and have had a good response. Our own Elizabeth Ann West graciously helped me with it as well. It's available on my webpage (my first and last name dot com) if you want to check it out. I did get a nod of approval from David Kool before I started offering it to the general public - wanted to make sure CC didn't mind. I'm still trying to figure out where (and how far) I want to go with it. I have a tendency to complete something and then want to move on to something new. . .
Dr. Kristie

Post by Dr. Kristie »

Hi Celeste! I posted a response to your last message and it didn't show up. Maybe I forgot to click "reply". Anyway, you must be a mind read because I plan on doing a jewelry marketing ebook at some point in the future. If only there were more time in a day. :-)I wish we could sell ebooks on C.C. The thing that holds me back is having to spend the time marketing the ebook. Anyone had any success with ebook publishing?

Kristie