Substantial revision of articles

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Suzyarie24

Substantial revision of articles

Post by Suzyarie24 »

Hi there

I have an article up on the site that I wrote for a public request but wasn't chosen. If I'm honest, I'm not surprised, as I kinda took something I wanted to write about and twisted it so it fit the topic better. A square peg, round hole situation. I think I've learned from my mistake and I won't do it again!

However, I think that elements of the article are good, and that it would make a much better one if I rewrote it to be purely on the topic I wanted it to be on. Would I have to delete the article from the site, rewrite, then resubmit?

What's anyone else's experience of this? Would you just leave the article up in the hope of a sale, and write another one similar? Or do you try and make every piece on CC the best it can be?

Thanks
Suzy
Celeste Stewart

Re: Substantial revision of articles

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi,
If you have an article that's bugging you, by all means, delete, rewrite, and submit. Sometimes, the other approach is fine too so long as the new piece is completely different than the original. In general though, you're better off to remove and improve! You'll feel better and the article will be be better. Good luck!
Suzyarie24

Re: Substantial revision of articles

Post by Suzyarie24 »

Thanks Celeste I think you're right - and it's definitely been 'bugging' me - perfect word! It's like a little niggle everytime I log in.