I thought I'd share some positive notes on plagiarism

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Lysis

I thought I'd share some positive notes on plagiarism

Post by Lysis »

Today, the webmaster for articlemonkeys posted on the google forums. I know someone from here or another one of my writer's groups had a complaint about a stolen article that was there, so of course, I gave him hell like I usually do. He wrote to me and said this:

Thanks for your input and sorry to hear about the problems ofstolen content, please, if you see any problems like this in the future, take 2 secs to drop me an email lettingme know the author, and if possible, the article, and i will remove the account.

Thanks.
Alan

I just thought I'd share and let people know that although their stuff may be stolen, there are honest folks out there who just don't know it's happened on their site. It's really hard to host these types of sites and monitor plagiarism, but some of them are very nice people and attempt to do the right thing. I know it's upsetting to get your writing stolen, but some people do try to do the right thing.

anyway, I'll get off my soap box, but I just wanted to share with other writers because it seems like sometimes all these sites just host plagiarized content and don't care.
Constant

Re: I thought I'd share some positive notes on plagiarism

Post by Constant »

Thanks so much for that! It actually inspired me to shoot Alan an email letting him know your sentiments and suggesting that him and I talk to get some cooperation going! I think that the more various content sites work together to prevent this type of theft, the stronger we all will be. Nice to hear that there are lots of people working to build content security into their business model.

David
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Hey David, glad to help and hopefully you and he can work together. The guy seems like an honest guy and his site is starting to beat out ezinearticles in rank, so good for him.
SarahElisabeth

Post by SarahElisabeth »

I have a quick question: I set up google alerts for my articles posted here, but is there any other way you check to see if your article has been stolen?