Copyright violation

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

mjsellars

Copyright violation

Post by mjsellars »

I've just stumbled across the 'sample third' of one of my articles being passed off as an entire article on HubPages. I've alerted HubPages, but I'm pretty sure some of the other articles posted by the same user are also stolen from CC samples.

Check out: http://hubpages.com/profile/Korston

Hopefully my email to HubPages will result in all these articles being taken down and, I sincerely hope, the user in question being banned.

Mike.
Lysis

Re: Copyright violation

Post by Lysis »

Contact CC support too.

Also, the "Choosing Digital Camera" and the "Lose the Adverbs" is up there. I remember those from the front page. I think I remember the remodeling one too. Looks like his whole collection is ours.
mjsellars

Post by mjsellars »

Hi Lysis,

I've contacted support.

I think you're right: his entire collection appears to be made up of 'sample thirds' of CC articles.

The cheek of the man.

Mike
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

> The cheek of the man.

haha this was awesome. I was going for "loser" but your phrase is better. I <3 the Brits.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Yes, I see Bonnie's (beconrad) article about the top 10 reasons to have a pet in the house there too. Lazy lame loser of an article thief!
mjsellars

Post by mjsellars »

HubPages have been in touch. The articles have been taken down. Pretty good service. Nice use of alliteration, Debbi. :D
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Bonnie's article is still there, though.

Cany
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

Page Sommers' Choosing the Right Digital Camera for You is on this person's HubPage too.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Please let us know if there are any other articles that have been stolen. Hubpages has removed all the articles in question.