I don't want to lose my place in the queue, but...

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

BJBarron

I don't want to lose my place in the queue, but...

Post by BJBarron »

I just noticed a mistake I made on an article I submitted several days ago. I wrote "family friendly" when it should have been "family-friendly." Is this something that will cause the article to be rejected if there are no other mistakes? Will I lose my place in queue if I edit it? Thanks!
Evelyn

Re: I don't want to lose my place in the queue, but...

Post by Evelyn »

Technically, you should edit it because the hyphen is correct. Practically, I can't say whether your article would be rejected for one misused hyphen... Hyphenation rules are becoming diluted (along with a lot of other stuff) because of the Internet.

I'm the type of person who would delete the article, fix the error, and resubmit. Then I'd tell myself to be more careful next time because I delayed approval over a silly error I should have caught.

Whether you decide to risk a rejection or decide to take a new place in the queue, just smack yourself in the middle of the forehead and be more careful in the future. Then let it go. :)
BJBarron

Re: I don't want to lose my place in the queue, but...

Post by BJBarron »

Thanks Evelyn. I decided to correct and resubmit it and apparently it was accepted about the same time. I don't know if they read the corrected version or not! Either way, I feel better about it now and it was approved.