Constant Content Article Pricing Strategy

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

CTWilliams

Constant Content Article Pricing Strategy

Post by CTWilliams »

Hi guys,

I've been writing here for a couple of months and decided to put together a blog entry about what I've learned about choosing the correct price for an article.

The article's here - http://howtomakemoneyonlineandblogtryin ... d-you.html

I was just wondering if anyone agrees/disagrees with what I've written and if anyone's got any hard and fast rules they stick to for pricing their articles?
Celeste Stewart

Re: Constant Content Article Pricing Strategy

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi CT,
I like how you shared a formula that factors in the conversion rates for UK writers. Interesting!

I generally factor in the commission, a per word price, and time spent, thus ensuring that I always earn at least my personal minimum hourly rate.
chrissponias

Post by chrissponias »

Very interesting blog post! Thank you for your guidance!

I was easily selling my articles in the beginning, but now that I wrote more articles and I increased their price (because they are better than my first ones), I sold only two. I was thinking that I should sell my articles like in the beginning, without being so expensive. After reading your post I understand that I have to be patient.

I’m also trying to write simpler articles, so that I may have a great variety of prices. Simple articles can be cheaper. I wrote 27 articles, and I already sold 18. In the beginning I was selling them much easier. I don’t know if I should drop their price again.

I write about online business, marketing, etc because this is my second favorite topic and I know a lot about internet marketing, I read a lot about it, I have an online business, etc., and mainly because it is a topic in demand.

My business is about mental health, a very difficult field. I write daily articles for my blog, but I never sell them at CC. I sell only original articles written for CC, about internet marketing.
backyarder1

Post by backyarder1 »

I just sold my first article on constant content. I can't believe they take 35% of what you make on an article. That's ridiculous.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

I knew what they charged when I first joined. They pay for a website and hosting (or a dedicated server). Someone has to maintain the site updates. If there were no other expenses, that would still be considerable. We, on the other hand, have no expenses. We don't have to pay for the server, hosting, web designer, advertising, reviewers or other expenses. And then after that they have some left for profit and maybe a cup of coffee. We are all on here to make money... they make this site available and they also want to make money... And they don't put advertising on the site to help pay the expenses. I think it's a good deal.
VersantScribe

Post by VersantScribe »

Plus, all the editing they do and the support is amazing. The exposure is awesome, and I don't have to spend hours querying and looking up submission processes and guidelines for every piece I write, then spending money on postage.

Just figure what you want to make from your work, then add 35% to cover their expense. That way everyone wins!
chrissponias

Post by chrissponias »

I like very much CC’s system. We don’t enter into contact with our customers because CC takes all the responsibility for dealing with them. You don’t find this service in any other website. Therefore, when CC keeps 35% of your sales, this amount also covers the dealing process, which is quite dangerous. In other freelance websites you don’t have this protection. If your customer won’t pay you in the end you will simply lose your money. CC guarantees you that you will be paid for your work, without any risk.