Question

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

jennapope

Question

Post by jennapope »

Hello,

I am new and have an elementary question.

I have submitted 6 pieces of work. I want to start submitting work to the requests in the daily e-mail. At what point can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Jenna
aprilk10

Re: Question

Post by aprilk10 »

Jenna,
Welcome to CC! I am assuming those 6 articles have been approved. If so, you can submit to public requests at any time. They will undergo the same approval process. When you fill out the submission form, there is a section at the top where you select if it is for a public request, for a private request, or not for a request. If you select for a public request, a drop down menu will appear asking you to select which request you want to submit it to. Once the article is approved by editing, it will automatically be submitted to the requester and made exclusively available to them for 3 days. If they don't buy it in that 3 day period, it will return to your profile.

You can also submit existing articles to a public request. Click on the request, and in the top right hand corner you will see "Submit to this request" (or something similar). Just click it and it allows you to send an existing article to the requester.

I say all of this assuming that you have articles accepted here and in the system. If your six articles have not yet been approved, I would suggest waiting until they are before you submit anything else.
jennapope

Post by jennapope »

Thank you for your answer.

No, only two articles approved so far. How many articles do I need to have approved before I can submit to a posting? The first two I submitted awhile ago, and this week I submitted the other four.

Jen
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Technically, I think even a new writer with no approved articles can submit to a request. If you already have a couple approved, you should be fine. I just suggested holding off if none of them had been approved yet because alot of new writers here tend to get over-anxious and submit a bunch of articles only to have them all come back with mistakes. If too many revisions are requested like that in the beginning, writer's run the risk of having their account closed. It sounds like you are fine, especially if you have been writing at Demand Media I thinkI read that in the introduction thread)!

If you haven't already, look at the thread titled "New Writer's Start Here." I think it is under Questions (the second thread on the first page). I'd say go ahead and start submitting to those requests! Pickings look slim right now, I hope things pick up soon! :-)