Authors You Admire

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Antonia

Re: Authors You Admire

Post by Antonia »

Ooooh yes, A.S. Byatt....I just finished re-reading "The Virgin in the Garden." Love the Frederica & co stories.

Anne Carson and W.G. Sebald both write brilliant, complex things that slide around from one genre to another.

I love non-fiction. Malcolm Gladwell, Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawking are among my favorites.

This is making me feel a bit, "what am I doing spending my days writing web content?"
J. A. Young

Re: Authors You Admire

Post by J. A. Young »

I'd like to think Byatt has impacted my writing, but I think writing web content, and I write a lot for CC, has been the single best influence on the mechanics of my writing. I write and write and write and it's made me a better writer I think. But don't I wish I had more time for reading for the simple pleasure of it. I'm reading Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami right now--pretty wonderful so far, but I need to proof an article, clean the house, and take my kids to the library so it'll have to wait!