Author's List!

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

tifferbugz

Post by tifferbugz »

[quote="catnipp333"]Tifferbugz,
Don't be sorry it was long -- THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO!!!!

I applied to Suite101, but they need more info. I will do that today. It sounds like a good deal to spend some time on.

I still dont think I will bother with Helium OR HowToDoThings since they do not seem very profitable. I'm in need of $$, not just seeing my name online for free.

I have a few articles going through at AC -- will have to wait & see how that works out.

OK, I can NOT find the "paying market" forum you speak of. I have been to the absolute site several times, but I can not find the specific forum you mention??? What section is it in? What is it called? I cant find one called "paying markets"?

I do not only check craigslist & apply (that was how I found Suite101, or rather "they found me") daily, I also listed an ad for work & also my resume. I hope to get something from that.

OK, you may regret asking for questions, but I REALLY do APPRECIATE all the help. Also, which section are you the feature writer for at 101? If you dont mind -- just my "cat curious" working overtime!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP!!!!

Catnipp333[/quote]

Good luck to you with Suite! I hope you like it as much as I do. Also I hope that AC works out for you. It's a pretty fun system they have over there most of the time. :)

Here is the link to the paying market forum. Their forums there are a tad crowded so it's hard to see. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/for ... y.php?f=24

Here's my site on Suite101 (I'm the FW for Accounting) it's still a bit empty but I'm working on it. :wink:

http://accounting.suite101.com/

Feel free to contact me through the email me section there also, and I certainly don't mind answering the questions I can on here as well. :)

Good luck!
cbhrbooth

another site

Post by cbhrbooth »

Catnipp - another place to look for jobs is writersweekly.com. The publisher, Angela, does a weekly e-letter which has a good list of current want ads. She screens them as well. I landed one monthly job through her listings. Also, her "Whispers and Warnings" column is a great place to find out who isn't paying.

Since you're looking into Suite101, I thought I'd second tifferbugz information about the high placement with Google. Suite101 articles pop up frequently when I'm doing research. From the eyes of a consumer, the articles have struck me as visible, professional, and helpful.
Good luck!
Mary B.
JD

Post by JD »

Catnipp

Something similar to Writersweekly is www.writersrow.com. In the fourth bullet point on this site's home page there's a link to freelance writing jobs. There always seems to be quite a selection here, although I can't say that anything's attracted me enough to vigorously pursue it or chase it up (but that's probably just me, not a reflection of what's on there...).

Good luck.

Jane
catnipp333

Post by catnipp333 »

THANK YOU BOTH Cbhrbooth & JD,

I have A LOT to do tomorrow!!! I will check all these sites out. I just submited the additional info needed for Suite101, so will wait & see. I am positive something good will come soon. Who know's maybe I will start selling my pictures for so much I wont have to write!

Ok, getting off for today -- see you all tomorrow & THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!
joywriter

Post by joywriter »

Tifferbugz Congrats! You did it! Isn't a writer's life grand!!! There's nothing like it when all the stars in the proper alignment! :D

Thanks for the info about Suite 101. I learned a lot!

I LOVE these forums and the great writers who share here!
Thanks to you all!
audrabianca

HEY

Post by audrabianca »

I was so excited this afternoon when I finally made the author's list. I have been submitting articles for almost 3 months.

So now I know how you feel :)

Audrabianca

AKA Angela
tifferbugz

Re: HEY

Post by tifferbugz »

[quote="audrabianca"]I was so excited this afternoon when I finally made the author's list. I have been submitting articles for almost 3 months.

So now I know how you feel :)

Audrabianca

AKA Angela[/quote]

Thank you all so much for the congratulations! :)

Congratulations to you too Audra! :D