What happened to assignments? Or is it just me?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

weagle87

What happened to assignments? Or is it just me?

Post by weagle87 »

Have writers' pool assignments dried up for anyone else? I'm beginning to wonder if I did something wrong.
Word Gypsy

Re: What happened to assignments? Or is it just me?

Post by Word Gypsy »

It's not just you. It's painfully slow around here. My guess is that there's just not enough work to go around to everyone.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Yes, haven't had any for ages, and it can be a sort of vicious circle where a lack of pool requests makes me too discouraged to write for the catalogue either. Which is silly!

I have had quite a lot of emails where CC is building teams of experts on various topics but they have been miles away from anything I could attempt, so far.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

You guys want the 5000 word essay that's being outsourced from Elance from a guy who says he's not the student he's the outsourcer but you have to write to the student's specs? LOL Oh, and it's for $30. :lol:
PaulMaplesden

Post by PaulMaplesden »

Lysis wrote:You guys want the 5000 word essay that's being outsourced from Elance from a guy who says he's not the student he's the outsourcer but you have to write to the student's specs? LOL Oh, and it's for $30. :lol:
The business I help to run when not working here is a proofreading and editing agency - You would not be surprised at the number of these we have had to turn away! The clue is always 'Does your service check for plagiarism?'...
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

What kinda floors me is outsourcing to a guy who can barely write English for your English paper. You'd probably get a higher grade if you just stumbled through it yourself.
contentwriter

Post by contentwriter »

I wonder how many people make it to the Experts Teams? Maybe CC is heading in a new direction (at least in part), building up teams for repeat customers that want articles from specific writers they trust.
weagle87

Post by weagle87 »

I have a friend who gets these custom written essays all the time. He always catches the kid b/c the writer uses words that no student outsourcer would know. I think that's the writer's way of getting paid yet making sure no one can buy a grade. Fortunately, my students are too broke to pay for an essay, and I just get crappy ones.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm feeling better (although still broke). And I have been too disheartened to write for the catalog, too. How stupid. I believe I should regroup and write some specs.
PaulMaplesden

Post by PaulMaplesden »

Catalog sales are still ticking along; nothing enormously spectacular at the moment, but three or four a week.
weagle87

Post by weagle87 »

Thanks, Paul. That's good to know.
PaulMaplesden

Post by PaulMaplesden »

The editors are also pretty much back on top of reviewing and accepting articles in a couple of days. I am guessing that the yahoo Voices crowd may have moved on! Either that or it's just quiet in general and people aren't submitting that many articles.