Review Times

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ReneeF

Review Times

Post by ReneeF »

I have a client requesting hundreds of articles from me, but due to the two week or more wait times to put in an order request, he simply emailed me within the system. Problem is, I submitted him an article last Monday and it is still waiting in the review queue.

How long are your wait times here since August started? Is an editor or two on vacation?

The client is getting impatient and wants to see this test article to know if we are on the same track with subject requested before I submit more.

:cry:
tayalltheway

Re: Review Times

Post by tayalltheway »

I never have private requests take longer than 24 hours for review. Seems like they always get put at the top of the queue.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

He didnt put in a private request because he says it takes a week or two to get it approved and he is in a hurry. so He has asked me to simply submit articles normally and put the editors name in the short summary because he has that arrangement with the editor. So, how do I go about convincing him that an open-ended order would be his best bet for getting articles approved faster. Also, I've never waited more than 4 days for an article to get approved, Its been 7 as of today.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Hi "Client Name",

This is troubling and upsetting to have to wait so long to get an article approved for you.

I have never had direct orders here and have no idea what the wait time to get a direct order approved. BUT, it may be quicker in the long run to submit an open-ended (no deadline) open order for me to submit to. From what I understand from speaking to other writers here is that editors review direct order articles within 24 hours, but will take their time on open queue articles.

Might be worth a shot and might get future articles to you quicker.

It's an idea.

I will begin submitting the rest, en mass, as of September, either way. If I can submit them as a direct order then you may get them faster and eliminate the chances of other clients buying them too. You can feel free to reject them if they do not fit with your site. I plan on a full 100 articles about "Said company" and their policies before taking a break to work on seasonal articles. I will return back to "Articles about said company" at the end of fall.
tayalltheway

Post by tayalltheway »

That is frustrating. I'm almost 100% certain that the editors never even read the short summaries anyway based on some of the errors I'll often see in the ones on the front page. Plus, there's no reason why an article submitted to the general pool would get pushed to the top of their queue even if you do put the editor's name in there. I've also noticed that general pool articles are taking about 7 days for approval, so hopefully you'll have luck with asking the client for a private request.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

He should put in a private request. They take less time. My regular articles are taking like a week or a few days at least.

I wouldn't tell him 24 hours. I made that mistake and they were busy and it took a couple of days. It's still much faster with private requests, so he should do it that way.
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

I'm currently 8 days for a regular article. The ones just before that were 2 days.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

I'm sorry to hear about this. Such a pity the buyer isn't able to somehow put in a private request! Maybe they can submit a private request and give you a few articles to work on in the meantime until they get approval. I didn't know they took so long to be approved. You can't guarantee 24 hours, as Lysis says, but most of my private request articles are reviewed within 12 or 24 hours.

I suppose you've tried to contact CC about this?

Good luck.

Abba
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I think when someone opens a private request that they automatically get assigned a CC customer service rep. Even when someone shows up and is a first-timer for a private request, I usually get a note later talking about his CC rep.

So, there are some perks for the customer when working with private requests. I would ask him to set up a private request and to contact CC with his concerns. They will tell him to set a date earlier than his deadline, which kinda sucks as the writer cuz you're the one who has to rush.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Lysis wrote:I think when someone opens a private request that they automatically get assigned a CC customer service rep. Even when someone shows up and is a first-timer for a private request, I usually get a note later talking about his CC rep.

So, there are some perks for the customer when working with private requests. I would ask him to set up a private request and to contact CC with his concerns. They will tell him to set a date earlier than his deadline, which kinda sucks as the writer cuz you're the one who has to rush.
He Has one, but he complained that the wait time to approve requests was days and days. I have NEVER done direct orders before and have no idea how they work.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

article finally approved today, 10 days later... its in a waiting queue for someone, I hope that was him who picked it up.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

He goes to your profile and clicks the button that says private request or something like that.

You'll get an email (sometimes lol). But if everything is working, you'll get an email just like a public pool request. Then, you choose "private request" from the dropdown when you submit the file and then choose the request. It's the same as a public pool request except it's in a different tab and it's automatically assigned to you.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Lysis wrote:He goes to your profile and clicks the button that says private request or something like that.

You'll get an email (sometimes lol). But if everything is working, you'll get an email just like a public pool request. Then, you choose "private request" from the dropdown when you submit the file and then choose the request. It's the same as a public pool request except it's in a different tab and it's automatically assigned to you.
thanks.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

No worries. It's really easy on both sides I think and you won't have to wait so long and lose him as a customer.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

he bought stuff from me last summer, I just worry CC will lose him if he doesn't do direct orders, because he might get huffy if other people buy the articles.