What is the submission process? Did I miss something?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

escturtle

What is the submission process? Did I miss something?

Post by escturtle »

Hi-
I submitted an article for the first time, in response to a public request. I submitted it a few days before the expiration date. It immediately said "review" next to my submission in "My Content." But now that the expiration date has passed, it still says "review"! Did I miss a step? Or did I do something wrong?

If the article wasn't even looked at before the expiration date, how do I stand a chance of getting my articles accepted? If someone could explain, I'd appreciate it- thanks!
Tster

Re: What is the submission process? Did I miss something?

Post by Tster »

Editors need to check your article before it goes through to the client's decision. I think editing has been a bit slow recently, looks like I've missed missed 2 requests because of it. -_-
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

The due date displayed publicly on the site is for writers not editors. So, as long as you submit by that date, you're fine. Customers get personal communication from CC, so they will contact CC if it's an issue. If you get private customers, the customer might contact you too but a lot of times I tell them that they should contact CC for better support.
escturtle

Post by escturtle »

thanks for your replies! now I see that the status changed from "review" to "view", I guess that means it was accepted by the editors, but not yet purchased by the client? (correct me if I'm wrong... sorry for my ignorance, but I'm still trying to get the hang of this process)

Also, I posted separately on the forum but received no response to another question I have: If a customer public request gives one general topic and 4 subtopics, and then says that 4 separate documents are requested- does the listed price refer to each document, or to the whole package of 4 documents together?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Customers are under no obligation to purchase, but the article will go into the open pool where another customer might buy it.

For instance, I had one person who didn't like one of my articles. No harm, no foul, it's cool. She decided not to buy it. Went into the open pool and about 2 weeks later someone else bought it. This is why I try to only do requests where I think it's marketable in the open pool.
escturtle

Post by escturtle »

thank you for your explanation and advice! much appreciated