How do I submit an article for a Public Request?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Pearl Grace

How do I submit an article for a Public Request?

Post by Pearl Grace »

Hello. Me again.
I just tried to submit an article for a public request but can't figure out how to mark it for a public request. That choice is not offered in the drop down box at the top. I clicked on "private request", thinking it might give me a choice for public request, but it didn't. Please help.

Thanks.

Pearl Grace
NicWrites

Post by NicWrites »

Jsut use the topic it fits in best, there is no topic for public request. Then, when it is approved, you open a Q and A with the customer and send them a link to your article. Since you have put it to a category, other customers can find it if the requester doesn't buy it.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I'm not sure why "private request" always stumps people who want to submit to "public" requests but it does time and time again. The private request category is only for requests that a customer has privately assigned an author.

Public requests go under "articles" (or blog entries/reviews/tutorials etc as appropriate). So unless someone has privately asked you to write an article for them, go for one of the other main categories and then select the appropriate sub-category. One way to get a sense of these things is to view the currently offered content and noticing what other authors are submitting under. You'll see that the "private request" section has specialized articles whereas the "articles" category may have dozens of articles in response to one public requests.

For example if a public request asks for articles about beetles, you may see a bunch of topics on beetles by a bunch of different authors. On the other hand, if a customer only asked one writer to write an article about beetles, you will see this article under "private request" along with a note saying "written for beetleExpert per his private request" or something like that. Just one author who was asked individually verses dozens of authors writing based on a general, public request.
Pearl Grace

Post by Pearl Grace »

Thank you, NicWrites and Celeste.

Pearl