Hello all.

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

CyberWriter

Hello all.

Post by CyberWriter »

Hi everyone. I am CyberWriter. I live on the East coast (U.S.). I do not wish to give too much away as I still have numerous questions before I dive right in.

Ok, enter the newest, interested skeptic.
Can someone tell me what the legalities are? I have a real interest in using this site, but is this a legal resource?

If/when we sell articles and get our money (after $50, it seems), will we receive a tax form at the end of the year to prove we were paid legally through constant-content.com?

I don't mean to appear combative, but I know many people who have gotten burned over the web and through U.S. mail and I don't wish to join that club.

All answers are greatly appreciated. If fully legit, this is a really awesome find and I look forward to posting some articles.

:)
AnnM

cyber...

Post by AnnM »

Hello CyberWriter and welcome,

I cannot answer your question regarding tax form since I have been writing at CC for less than a year. However, I can tell you that each writer has their own account statement that you can use to track your earnings and that you could print in order to provide to show those earnings to the IRS.

I can also attest that CC pays in a timely fashion for articles that are sold. The $50 threshhold is simply so that Chris isn't constantly issuing payments to everyone for a couple dollars.

While all kinds of things sell, if you write to the "requested content" (you can sign up for email alerts), you are more likely to sell articles here.

Ann M
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Hi -

As for taxes, we are only a market place for you to sell YOUR articles. We don't pay you for your work, customers pay you and CC just handles the transaction. Think of it like Ebay for articles, so it would be up to you to handle your taxes independently. I hope this helps.
LJade

Post by LJade »

Welcome! You may want to check your methods of pay though just to be safe. For instance PayPal has limits I believe but I don't know what they are or the policy on those limits relating to tax purposes...it's worth checking into though if you would use PayPal. It's just a suggestion if you are worried about taxes. I hope that helps out.

:D Lisa!