Advice from Veteran Writers

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Elizabeth Ann West

Advice from Veteran Writers

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

I appreciate all the help and guidance so far. I've been writing here for nearly a month, and I have sold 5 articles all to one buyer. This buyer is now thinking about doing a bi-weekly article agreement, and in the past has been purchasing my 500-900 word articles for $20 each. Don't worry, I read again the agreements and we will be doing this as just an open eded private request I think. No cutting out the website that protects my interests so well!

My question is basically to veteran writers who have done weekly assignments . Are there any pitfalls or mistakes you made with your first few buyers and wished someone could have helped you avoid them? I understand it's not completely fair to ask you to divulge all of your secrets, but any advice would be highly appreciated. I'd just thought I would ask the great sages since I am working extremely hard to prove a skeptical husband wrong about the opportunity of "writing online."

Always Smiling,
Elizabeth West
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Congrats! Getting private requests is the holy grail of Constant-Content. I don't have any pitfalls to speak of. Just keep the lines of communication open as you would with any business customer and live up to your promises.

Just remember, when it rains, it pours!