new author profile

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

audrabianca

new author profile

Post by audrabianca »

I don't know if anyone else has spotted it yet, but to Chris at Constant-Content, I really like the skeleton that you have set up for the new author profile. I was clicking on names in the top ten list where I have been #5 for a few months now.

I saw that you will have room for a picture, a blurb about the author, etc. I especially like the link where the customer can easily request the author for a project.

A lot of these features have been requested in the past on the forum. Thanks for paying attention.

P.S. Any word, Constant, on when the premium articles section will go live?

Thanks.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Oh wow, that is cool Audrabianca.

I just uploaded an image but it came out a bit distorted. Thanks for working on this! It'll be nice to be able to sell ourselves and put faces to the names.
Celeste Stewart

Yikes! Sorry guys, in my excitement to add a picture and info, it seems that it's showing up under other writers' profiles.......and it won't let me edit it.... Remind me not to play on the computer before my coffee kicks in :)

What happens is this: if I'm logged in as myself, any author's link that I click shows my image and my bio but their stats and articles. If I log out and click on the different author's links, then it's fine.
dsletten

Post by dsletten »

Celeste, don't worry that you messed it up. I uploaded a picture on my profile and it looks like your own picture follows you around when you go to other author profiles. But if you logout and then go to the same profiles you see the picture the author loaded.

Does anyone know what the "Writers/Recommend" section is that lists three other writers on your profile page? When I click on these they don't do anything.

Ooops - we must have typed this at the same time. :oops:
Celeste Stewart

Yes, I was worried that I was hogging the profile page when I kept seeing myself on every author I clicked! Phew! Glad that isn't what happened.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I had a sneak peek at this feature a couple of weeks ago. I think it adds a lot to the site, and if I understand it correctly, authors will be able to bring special attention to some of their best articles (much like a portfolio).

I think Celeste's initial shot at using this feature is a good example for others. Her bio blurb is short and sweet, her photograph looks professional, and she seems very approachable overall.

Ed
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

It's a nice new feature! Any word on when the article highlight section will be ready? --JA
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

mental note... don't upload testing updates to a live site ;)
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

uh-oh--

I just uploaded my photo & now I'm everyone's profile too! Same thing that happened to someone else I think?
Celeste Stewart

Only when you're logged in. Log out and you'll see that you didn't take over the site :)
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

rats - i really wanted to. I was going to call it GG's CC. :wink:
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

Goody - there's still a chance! I can't make myself go away anywhere!

Help, support!
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

OK, am I hallucinating? Do any of you see your own profiles right now?

I did log out, even restarted my computer, but I'm still everywhere that I check. If no one else sees me, I will feel a little better. LMK?

Thanks.
Celeste Stewart

Yes, I can see other people besides you. I saw your picture under your name as well as saw Audra's picture under her name and my own photo under my name.

I suspect it has something to do with the browser's cache.

PS, it's fun to see each other :) You don't seem grouchy at all. Long ago I thought you were a burly man with a hairy back who liked the incongruity of the name Gigi.
JD

Post by JD »

This is fun! I've uploaded my pic and bio and have the same "problem" - I get to see me when I click on other authors' profiles! What were you saying about world, or rather CC, domination, gigi???!!!