ED - urgent question

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

grouchy

ED - urgent question

Post by grouchy »

:!: Ed, I am in the process of fulfilling a private request for car title transfer info for each of the 50 states. Can I take a shortcut when submitting for your approval by skipping all the summary and keyword sections, or what would you suggest? THANKS.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Can you just put them all in one file and submit in bulk? This might be preferable to the buyer, as well.

Ed
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Grouchy,

I suggest submitting one document with all topics rather than 50 individual submissions. In fact, this particular customer prefers single submissions. You'll save yourself and the customer (and Ed) a ton of work by doing it this way.

Or do the project in daily batches so the customer can get started with your content right away as you continue working each day.

Private requests don't generally need summaries etc. Just write "for a private request" in the summary box.
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

Thanks very much for the help.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Please include long summaries so that the customer knows what they are getting, unless they request that no long summary be displayed.

Thanks,
Ed
Ed

Post by Ed »

I actually rejected this because the usage field wasn't filled out. I can change this manually in this instance, but this field must always contain a number:

Fill Out Usage Field – Constant Content, at one time, accepted articles that could be downloaded by the purchaser for free. However, we no longer offer free content and do not accept content that is offered for free authors. Unfortunately, if you do not fill out the usage field when determining for what you will sell your article, your article will appear as free for purchase. This field must always contain a number.

Thanks,
Ed
Celeste Stewart

If it helps, take a look at how some of the Private Request articles are posted and formatted. For example, you'll see prices in all fields such as:

usage: $100
unique: $100
full rights: $100

Then you'll see something like:
For a private request

Then, in most cases, you'll see the entire submission in the long summary. This is important to include, especially with new customers, so that they can see what they are buying.

(Only once have I had a requester say not to post the content in the long summary due to privacy concerns. Most of the time they will want to see it.)

I usually separate each topic with a text separator such as:

+++++++++++++++++++

This makes it easier for the customer to cut and paste into separate web pages. They don't have to figure out where one topic ends and another begins.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks for sharing this great advice, Celeste.

Ed
Celeste Stewart

My pleasure.

Grouchy, you can go in and edit the long summary and copy in your text so that your customer can see your sample without having to worry about his purchase. Right how, he would have to buy it sight unseen. Wouldn't you rather have him feel immediately comfortable with his purchase and not have the slightest twinge of buyer's remorse? As it stands right now, he will have to make a leap of faith. We all know that the articles are most likely stellar but he doesn't know you yet.

Good luck! This customer is a nice one to work with.
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

Thanks for the good advice, Ed & Celeste (she said, head spinning).
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

ED - please realize that I do not receive any e-mail notices of acceptance or rejection.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Still? Urgh. Frustrating. I'm still having problems with the email system too.
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

Sooo... what I'm hinting at is that my last submission disappeared without a trace and I have to figure out why. Not that I don't deserve to have to but it sure eats up time when I'm trying to meet a deadline for a customer.
:(
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Do you get request emails?
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

Occasionally, and always 4-6 days late. I don't rely on email notification, because sometimes my e-mail is screwed up, so this isn't much of an issue for me.

Thanks for asking.