urgent question for Ed or Constant

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

audrabianca

urgent question for Ed or Constant

Post by audrabianca »

Dear Ed and Constant:

A long-time customer has a posting for regular writers. He got back to me a month or two ago and let me know that he would contact me when my particular writing skills were needed. The public request is still there and now he is requesting that I submit a resume.

Do we need to leave our contact information off of the resume? What about companies we worked for and references? Since I have not had this request before, I just need clarification.

Thanks,
audrabianca
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

In this case you tell him to use CC to contact you.
audrabianca

another question

Post by audrabianca »

So what kind of information about your previous work experience, writing experience can you put on the resume?
audrabianca

another question

Post by audrabianca »

Well, for now, what I came up with was changing contact information to Audrabianca AT Constant-Content, and kept all my credentials and experience, removing geographic locations and names of institutions and employers. Nothing is personally identifiable. However, my name is on the new profile we have.

I put things like Public School, Public University, Private School, Attorney, and the like.

Please let me know if that format is okay before I post to the customer request.
Ed

Post by Ed »

You might want to email Support if you don't get an answer . . . unfortunately, this is not something I feel I can adequately help you with.

Ed
constant-content
Site Admin

Here is the thing... The whole reason for Constant Content is so customers don't have to deal with Resumes and Bidding sites. Your work speaks for itself. When a customer emails us and says they would like a sample of the work we do or ask how much does a article cost, they don't understand how the site works. That is when I try to explain it to them.

I'm guessing the person wanted a resume so they could contact you off CC, it happens all the time. Its best to just have them contact you through the site.
audrabianca

Post by audrabianca »

I don't think so in his case. The customer is Jason. But I don't know if that is the same Jason who has a lot of big projects for some of the other writers here. You see a lot of stuff for Jason in the private request section.

Anyway, for now, I will just refer him to how many articles I have published here on CC.

Please note that I never intended to communicate with him outside of this site.
constant-content
Site Admin

oh I know, and sometimes we allow this... it just depends on the situation.
constant-content
Site Admin

We will be contacting the customer to see what exactly they are looking for.
constant-content
Site Admin

We talked to the client, just post your resume, in the private request response. Just post experience and education of you wish and leave out the contact info.
audrabianca

question

Post by audrabianca »

I am not sure if you will get this tonight. I want to respond to the client ASAP. Do we have to edit out the names of the companies we worked for or the universities we attended?
audrabianca

well

Post by audrabianca »

well I did include institutions and companies
constant-content
Site Admin

You don't need to do that, just no email addresses and phone numbers is fine.
audrabianca

Post by audrabianca »

Great, thanks. You hard worker, you. Have a nice weekend!