Newbie Here

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Flutterby

Newbie Here

Post by Flutterby »

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and I have a few questions. I was wondering how successful you have been with Constant Content. I am expecting to write about an article a week for this site, maybe more if I have time. I was also curious about how the payment system works. I have submitted one article so far (today) and I'm not sure what to expect. I chose to only allow a usage price ($5) and put 0 for everything else. Does this mean that if 20 people want to use my article they will each pay me $5?
JD

Post by JD »

Hi Flutterby

Yes, that's how it works - don't forget though that CC will take 35% of each $5...

Welcome and good luck!
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

In my opinion, if you want to be successful here at CC, you will need to rethink your $5 usage strategy....
jak

Post by jak »

I agree with Celeste. Remember that when customers view your piece as showcased, they can see how many times it has been purchased. I'd be surprised if you got anywhere near 20 buyers.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

The most I've ever had was five usage downloads on one article. Usage isn't my deal...And it's not even worth $3 for me to go through the uploading of articles and approval process let alone the time spent writing.

My best advice in this case would be to look at the top-selling writers, check out how they are pricing their "public" work. (Private requests are a whole different deal so I wouldn't examine those at this point). You'll see several different strategies. So far, only one writer has shown some real success with low-priced usage articles. Maybe he or she will weigh in with advice?

I suspect we're seeing an influx of new writers from some of the low-paying sites. CC has a customer base that's willing to pay for quality articles. Sure, they'll snap up a bargain if they see one but why give it away?

And browse the forums, too. Welcome, by the way!