Different front page for articles section

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JD

Different front page for articles section

Post by JD »

I'm not too sure if this is supposed to happen, but I notice that if I pull up the front page for the articles category when I'm not logged in I get Celeste's 'personal records' article at the top, yet when I'm logged in and do the same I get the page with Word Gypsy's 'dog food formulas' article at the top. This is only when I click on 'articles' from the top left hand link. This isn't the home page I'm talking about but the front page for the articles (what one would click on if one wanted to see the latest list of articles). Is this a glitch? Does it mean that unless someone is logged in then they're not seeing the latest articles submitted (because I think the page with Celeste's 'personal records' article at the top is a few days old and the one with WG's article at the top is the most recent).

Just thought I would mention it...

Thanks.

Jane
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

I've been giving some thought to this too because, just like JD, I had noticed that too.

It troubles me for a couple reasons. One of those reasons is that someone coming to the website who clicks on "Articles" gets that same one on top of the list every time (nothing personal at all, Celeste). It sure doesn't look like we have CONSTANT content, it looks like nothing has been added in weeks. I think that is definitely counter-productive, don't you, Constant??

We don't want to look stale! Does anyone else see the problem with this? :(
JD

Post by JD »

Nice to see someone thinking along the same lines as me!

I contacted Support about this for the reasons you highlight in your email, Grouchy. If a customer is considering purchasing content and comes to the site a few times (without registering) then they are going to get the impression that there's little activity going on. I know they can see the latest articles once registered, but before they take that step, if they come back a few times and see nothing's changed, they might go and look for content elsewhere and never get to registering.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

And why isn't anyone buying my darned "personal records" article. Just kidding! LOL
JD

Post by JD »

Hey Celeste - if anyone should be at the top of that page, it's you :wink:
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

No one wants to think about dying! Just kidding. I fully support your suggestions, because, due to a misdiagnosis, I was officially "dying" for six weeks a few years ago and went through all the steps. I wasn't well by any means, but here I am to tell someone about it! (I'm too Grouchy to die.)

Seeing your LOL made me think of a funny commercial I just saw - it was for "Monk" and he said to someone, "L-O-L outloud!" Poor Monk.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

this is a mistake... really those articles listed have the wrong section chosen. No articles should be in just the "articles" category.
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

Not sure what you're getting at or who is making the mistake, but Celeste's is always showing in the "Articles" category when visitors click on "Articles." Make that "always" bold and underlined.
JD

Post by JD »

if you click on 'articles' at the link on the left side of the home page, you get the 'front page' of the articles section - this is where all the latest articles (only) are posted. If you're not logged in, you get an 'old' page of articles which shows, at the top of it, an article by Celeste about personal records. If you log in and do the same, you get to see all the latest content. Not a problem if you're able to log in, but if you're not and you're checking the section that lists all the articles (only), you don't get to see the latest content.

Thanks.

Jane
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

we know the problem and are working on it.
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

Great - thanks!
JD

Post by JD »

Many thanks.
Ed

Post by Ed »

No one wants to think about dying! Just kidding. I fully support your suggestions, because, due to a misdiagnosis, I was officially "dying" for six weeks a few years ago and went through all the steps. I wasn't well by any means, but here I am to tell someone about it! (I'm too Grouchy to die.)

This is awful. I mean, it's great that they were wrong . . . but what a mistake to make.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

That is awful. I'm glad you were too grouchy to die...
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

Yep - it was a doozy. But I like to think it made me a better, er, even better, person. :wink: