CC emails

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Gail Kavanagh

CC emails

Post by Gail Kavanagh »

Hi Ed, hope you're feeling better.
My question is really just a musing, maybe someone can come up with an answer. This morning I received an email saying I had sold the article How to Have Afternoon Tea. But when I logged into CC there have been no recent sales. That article sold once, ages ago.
I know there have been problems with CC emails - is this an old one that's just turned up? I can't check because I accidentally deleted it with everything else in the bulk folder. Has anyone else noticed emails that seem out of date? This isn't the first time it's happened and I just wondered if there were still problems with CC emails.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I have no idea about the status of CC emails. Anyone else?
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

When and IF I get any emails, they're invariably 4-6 days late. I may get a third of any that are sent. I just don't rely on them for any important notifications.
JD

Post by JD »

I also received an email this morning advising me that I had sold an article (about tea). I looked at the "recently sold content" and saw a whole bundle of tea articles had been bought. However, when I logged in a while ago I saw that these had all been removed and the latest article sold on my "recently sold content" wasn't the tea one, but one sold a few days ago. I can only assume that something didn't work out re payment for these articles and the purchases were "cancelled."

Jane
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

I don't know if this will shed any light, but early today the entire Recently Sold Articles list was filled with tea articles. They were all purchased today (2/6) at 2:21 am. However, when I logged in later, all of these sales were gone.

That makes me think that your article may have sold and then something happened to cancel the sale.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi! For those of you who were notified of a sale for one or more tea articles, check the very last page of your licenses. You should see the articles in question listed there with "order being processed ... unpaid." Usually, these go through in a few days once the articles have been paid for. Unfortunately, sometimes, they just go away without ever getting purchased. WG
JD

Post by JD »

Thanks, WG. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it does end up as a sale!
Gail Kavanagh

Post by Gail Kavanagh »

Thanks, Gypsy, you solved it!
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

I don't think these sales are going to go through, after many attempts to contact the buyer we may have no other option then to remove the pending sale.
JD

Post by JD »

Thanks for letting us know. I thought it didn't look that hopeful.