Contact Info Request

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

beconrad

Contact Info Request

Post by beconrad »

To Constant Admins,

I just received a new message requesting my contact info (email, etc.). It is my understanding that this is not allowed, and that all exchanges need to take place within the confines of CC. Am I correct on that?

Secondly, I have been unable to determine which requester sent the message; when I click on the message link it just takes me to the requested content page. I have looked at the Q/A pages on all the requests I responded to recently but I have not been able to find the message. Is there a way to tell which requester sent the message? I would like to answer the message either way and I don't want the requester to think I am ignoring them.

Thank,
Bonnie
Ed

Post by Ed »

Yes, that is correct that contact information cannot be given out.

I am unable to find what requester sent you this message . . . please contact support.

Ed
beconrad

Post by beconrad »

Thanks Ed.

I will check with support.

Bonnie
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

Bonnie,

While you're on here, can I ask you if <> bought your DLP television article? I hope that's not prying. My DLP article is processing for a buyer of that name, but yours was purchased in the same time period. If he bought yours, I'm guessing my sale will fall through - if not, I need to write a new DLP article for the requester.

I'll delete this info (with the name of the buyer of my article) after your reply.

Lauren
Last edited by Lauren on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beconrad

Post by beconrad »

Hi Lauren,

It looks like Richard was the buyer of my DLP TV article. It's weird because I wrote that article in response to the public request by the new customer Ed told us about. Who knew there was such a demand for DLP articles? Maybe Richard will end up buying both of those articles.

Thanks,
Bonnie
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

Thanks for the info. I suspect he was choosing between the two, as your sale shows up as completed (on the recent sales list, etc) while mine is still processing hours later. I also wrote mine for the public request and will probably do a rewrite tomorrow in case the sale does go through. I had no idea it might be snatched up so quickly either!

Thanks again! I'm removing the buyer's name from my post above now because I'm not sure how I feel about "talking about" buyers on the forum, on the chance that they ever look over here.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

And Plasma/LCDs seem to be hot too! The article that someone nabbed (different than your customer) from my private request was about Plasma Vs LCD. Guess TVs are hot. Weekend writing idea, anyone? How about the upcoming analog to digital switchover....
beconrad

Post by beconrad »

Hi Celeste,

Great idea - there was actually a public request for that subject awhile back. I sold a couple of articles to that buyer and I think I still have a couple unsold DTV articles out there as well. I think there will be a lot of interest in the subject as the deadlines gets closer. I know I learned a lot about the conversion while I was doing research for the request.

Have fun writing everybody!

Bonnie
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Or HD DVD vs Blu-ray Disc... Overcoming Widescreen TV Annoyances...How to Mount Flat Panel TVs...

Okay, that's enough of my ideas. I'd write them myself but I'm beat. One of those cases of too many ideas, not enough time. Plus, I must work on my New Year's Resolutions one of these weekends... (write for myself #10 or #8 on Ed's list).

Yes, have fun! That's the main thing.