No Responses in Q&A

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

secondtimeagain

No Responses in Q&A

Post by secondtimeagain »

Am I doing something wrong when submitting articles under the Requested Content section? I go to the Questions section under the topic, add a note, and attach the article number. I never see anyone else's questions or article links, so I was just wondering if I need to submit it differently. Also, I have never heard a response at all to the article I submitted or to a question I asked one of the customers as to whether they were still accepting articles.

Also, how long after a request is submitted should I consider writing for it? As long as it's listed, does that mean it is still open?

Thanks.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi,

You only will see your own questions and any related answers in the Q&A section of the requests. So if you ask a question and the requester answers, only you and the requester will see it.

Sometimes, you won't get a response at all. It happens but imagine having dozens if not hundreds of people responding to a request.

Requesters are supposed to remove their requests once filled or no longer needed but not all do. Therefore, you'll see old requests that remain. They could've been filled or they could still be open. That's a bit of a drag not knowing for sure so take older requests with a grain of salt. If the request is popular (like real estate), you may want to write for it knowing that someone else may like it too. If it's obscure (like how to grow cantalope in Alaska), you may want to think twice.

You're not doing anything wrong. It's just the way it goes. Some customers respond, others don't.
secondtimeagain

Post by secondtimeagain »

Thanks for the quick response. It's nice to know I'm doing things correctly.