What if I delete an article...

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Pearl Grace

What if I delete an article...

Post by Pearl Grace »

Hi.
I was wondering, I have a political article posted for a public request that was not purchased (2 others that I wrote were purchased by the requestor). I really believe I can sell it elsewhere. So, that's my question, can I, in fact just press the "delete" and it's gone forever from CC?

Question #2--If I do sell it elsewhere, can I sell it for full rights, or, because it was posted on CC, even for just a week or so, I have to do usage rights only?

Thanks.

Pearl Grace
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yes, you can delete articles and they go away immediately.

You have always owned all rights (unless the article got sold of course) and it is your perogative to continue marketing your article in the manner that you feel is best. It's my understanding that an article's acceptance here does NOT mean that it's been "published" - merely it's passed the review process and is available for sale.

Think of it like sending out queries and unsolicited articles to magazines; just because a magazine editor has looked at your submission doesn't mean any rights have been transferred - not until they buy the article.

Good luck!
Pearl Grace

Post by Pearl Grace »

Thanks, Celeste!

Pearl Grace
mgwhitemti

Post by mgwhitemti »

Don't forget that somene else may purchase it here. You may want to leave it here until you're sure you have a sale elsewhere. I've sold a lot of articles written for requests to people other than the original requester, and I know a lot of other writers have too. :D

Mary White