I am booming, really booming

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

vjlenin

I am booming, really booming

Post by vjlenin »

Yes, CC just makes me rich. I have been looking if CC can be a great option for a good writing career and actually was making only very limited number of submissions. But the sales here are just rewarding too much. I have already made 19 sales in toto from my portfolio of 23 articles. Now, that kind of money, 455 dollars altogether, I can be far better off in my country, India. I am extremely happy with CC. I am one of the recognized authors here, and am making enough to have a happy living. I also believe with this experience, I can get even greater prospects if I try. Please also go through my other post in the sticky started by Celeste Stewart, Eureka moment, there you will read my fabulous embarking on with CC.

The most important thing that always amuses me and never stops is CC is something I was looking for some time. I am one of the top recognized Indian authors here, I guess there are not many, now I believe that itself is a great reward for a baby like me in this field, with no experience whatever. Out of college, with always a dream to be a great writer, I embarked on this business (though not much into creative writing, writing is always the same to me), and now I am respectably placed here with a high sales portfolio. I am more than happy. CC just rocks **

Dont forget to read the Eureka moment sticky post by me.

Love
Lenin
dsletten

Post by dsletten »

So happy to hear you are doing so well here at CC. It is a great place! Hope you just keep on selling!
Ed

Post by Ed »

Would you mind giving us a figure . . . like how many US Dollars would a basic cup of coffee cost for you? Or a beer? Be careful how you answer. You might find that the whole CC community shows up at your doorstep wanting to write from your house.

There are some stellar works of fiction coming out of India. One book that always impressed me was Arundhati Roy's "God of Small Things."

Ed
Ed

Post by Ed »

Oh, and I think CC is one place where hard work is rewarded. It's not like that in much of the working world.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I love India (from what I've read and heard). I'm still reading Shantaram and I loved A Fine Line (or A Fine Balance).

I'm also curious how the costs translate. I'm assuming $400 bucks is a small fortune there.
CRDonovan

Post by CRDonovan »

That's a terrific sales record vjlenin. Good for you!

I too loved The God of Small Things. I also just read The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai which was wonderful as well.
mgwhitemti

Post by mgwhitemti »

Congratulations! I've enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your confidence build. Keep up the great work.

Mary White
vjlenin

Post by vjlenin »

Sorry, sorry, sorry to alll. I didn't get any notification mail regarding the replies posted in this thread. Ok, here goes your answers....

First a cup of coffee: it costs you five rupees, and that will be...ten cents or so.
we are far better off at a sum of 400 or 500 dollars a month. But there are people earning far more than that. However average Indian salary is around 250 $ pm. I was an IT pro earning around 400, besides incentives. However there are still people earning in the tune of 50, 60, or 70 dollars per month!!

I didnt do the hardwork, I used to do with my job, in CC, still I got such nice reward. That makes me extremely happy. And also, I have an eye into fiction, a CC portfolio will definitely help me in that line. One great news is that CEO of ZCubes, Kerala, engaged me to create a blog on their company, and Web3.0 application from them, after seeing my CC profile. So, it is like CC is giving me the world. Newer articles in CC, I am gonna concentrate a little on Web3.0.

About beer, Ed, I am really not sure. I don't drink...oops! :D
Thanks for your love of Indian authors, we have more: arundhati roy, who is actually my native, speaking my mothertongue, Malayalam, is a real genius, we, Keralites, are very proud of her achievements.

You should also read Salman Rushdie, RK Narayan (who is legend himself), Khushwant Singh, Vikram Seth. Salman and Vikram Seth are my favorites for their way of storytelling and their language.

Thanks all for your comments.

Love to see you all

Lenin
vjlenin

Post by vjlenin »

here are some more prices for you...

room rent here on big cities can be anywhere between 50 to 200 dollars. that's excepting big hotels

on an average day, you can be well off at two to five dollars.

lunch costs less than a dollar, so does supper, dinner, and breakfast.

cool and hot drinks are around half a dollar.

men's clothing: a decent shirt can be ten dollars, so does the pants cost.
women's clothing is also around the same, though some go up to as much as 20, 30 dollars. Big brand jean, and clothing cost far more, however.

broadband comes at 12 dollars per month to me. that's 256-2 Mbps (limit 2.5 GB and unlimited night).
full time broadband access at 256 is going to be 22 dollars. newer plans come with a lot more advantage.

cell phone rental can be anywhere between two to twenty dollars. And the plans change as well. The charge for a minute is one rupee.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks for sharing this information, Lenin. These figures really puts\ things in perspective. Let's hope for all our sakes that the US dollar doesn't continue to decrease in value. When "armchair traveling," I notice that my own earnings can't take me as far as they used to, but foreigners are finding it more affordable to vacation in the States.

I'm not ready to move to India yet, but think about how many coffees I could buy . . . !

Ed
jentypist

Hopeful???

Post by jentypist »

Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie, and have just submitted two articles. Does anyone have any advice on how to really make these articles sell? My fear is that they will just sit on the site and that no one will buy them.

CC says they "shop" the articles for us. What does this entail?

I'm really encouraged by the positive testimonials on this forum. I SOOOO want this to work for me! :o
vjlenin

Post by vjlenin »

jen, it is easy here to make sales if you write great content focusing well on keywords.. Make the content for the requests out there, you can easily make sales. don't worry if it takes time, some or other customer will definitely come and purchase the articles before long, the key is to create content regularly