My account has been suspended...any help?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Mr.Freeman

My account has been suspended...any help?

Post by Mr.Freeman »

I've just tried to log in and it says that my account has been suspended. Does anyone know why and when/if it will be opened again? thankyou.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Because you have had many articles rejected, and your writing does not meet our standards, your account has been suspended indefinitely. Please seek another market for your writing.

Ed
Mr.Freeman

Been suspended, can I come back?

Post by Mr.Freeman »

But I have sold two articles on your site and have $16.25 in my account. Therefore my writing style must be acceptable, I'm just new to the site and need to make changes to my writing style. Is there anyway I can be put back in? I didn't know that if your articles are rejected often, you lose your place on the site. Please?
Ed

Post by Ed »

I'm sorry. This is a professional site that requires top-quality writing from its writers. The decision has been made.
Mr.Freeman

Post by Mr.Freeman »

The decision has been made...

Does that decision mean I lose that $16.25 in my account?
Ed

Post by Ed »

Of course not. Email Support and you will be paid your earnings.
Mr.Freeman

Post by Mr.Freeman »

Thank you Ed, although it is a shame, I didn't know that accounts were suspended, I thought you operated on a similiar multi-axial system to that of Helium marketplace. I guess not. Back I go.
Piscesgirl

Please Cancel My Account too

Post by Piscesgirl »

After I read this forum, after I have had nothing but trouble from Constant-Content trying to get answers from the day I started, I wish to cancel my account from this "professional" writing site.

If the arrogance I have seen in your response to this gentleman is any indication of what I'm dealing with then I don't want to take part in this site.

I deleted all that I had here so all you need to do is cancel my account. I will follow through and email this also. However, seeing I have rarely recieved any emails answering my questions, most likely the one I send will not be seen either.
Irene Lynn
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I never like to see anyone get suspended nor do I like seeing writers not get their questions answered (which is why I try to contribute as much as possible via the forums). However, I didn't see any arrogance in this particular thread.... just my two cents. Sorry you feel this way.
AThompson

Post by AThompson »

No, definitely no arrogance. It doesn't look as though Mr. Freeman took offense, either.

I have not been here very long, but I find all communication from the 'Powers That Be' on this board, and the experienced members to be unfailingly professional. Some people, in this age of casual employment and first names and smiley faces, view true professionalism as arrogant or remote. Perhaps because it is rare.

It's a shame more people don't read the FAQ's and the blogs more thoroughly before joining. I don't pretend to know all or anything, but I made a point of reading the forums here (and at Helium) consistently for about a month before signing up.

Perhaps I'm overstepping by posting on this topic, but it irks me when someone terrific, hard-working and professional like Ed and a great, well-run site like CC get "dissed" unjustly.

Okay. Rant over.

:S
AThompson
Mr.Freeman

Post by Mr.Freeman »

I didn't take offence to what Ed said, I simply was unaware that an account could be suspended if too many articles were rejected. My fatal error it seems. I am however a bit annoyed that I have not been emailed back about my payment for articles sold before suspension. I have emailed support and have not heard a single word about payment. It was only $16 , I'm sure they won't find it too difficult to part with. Oh well...
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

You will hear from support, it's just they get probably a ridiculous amount of emails each day, and I think they try to keep weekends off (a novel thought....:) ). I usually get a response back from my issues between 1-3 business days from submittal.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I have emailed Support on your behalf.
Mr.Freeman

Post by Mr.Freeman »

Thankyou Ed. And take no noticice of Piscesgirl's comment, I have alot of respect for this site, she simply doesn't understand that a business is a business, and money is the key. Thankyou.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks for your understanding. It's certainly nothing personal.