sold my first article, now I have questions

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Beelissa

sold my first article, now I have questions

Post by Beelissa »

I sold an article for full rights. The full rights price is listed as $60, yet I appear to have been paid $39. I assume CC gets a cut of the price? Is this explained somewhere? I can't find it.

I can't tell if there's something I need to do in order to make sure they can pay me. It says the amount is there and I haven't been paid yet. My email address is the same I use for PayPal, so do I need to do anything else? I looked in the My Account section, I don't see anything saying I have to do something.

Thanks!
Melissa
Ed

Post by Ed »

From our FAQ:

From the TOS:
Constant Content agrees to pay Author a portion of the fees collected in regards to sales of digital content submitted to Constant Content website by Author. The portion of the fees due to Author is defined as the Rate, which is set to 65% of the sale price of each piece of content that has been sold provided the sale was not nullified or refunded for any reason. Author acknowledges that the Rate is subject to change in the sole discretion of Constant Content. In the event of the Rate change, We will provide a notice in advance by posting such changes on the Website.

Constant Content will make payments of fees due to Authors in regards to sales of the digital content during the first week of every calendar month provided payable amount aggregates a minimum of US $50.00 or more, as specified by each Author. Any sales proceeds not reaching the minimum will be retained until they exceed such minimum. Before compensation for each new sale becomes eligible for payout, the 30 day holding period must elapse.
Beelissa

Thanks!

Post by Beelissa »

This does not appear to be in the Author FAQ, and I didn't know where else to look.

I remembered signing up somewhere, where they wanted you to fill out a form that had some personal info on it, SS # I think, before they would pay you, and I remember deciding to wait till I actually had a balance before I shared that info, and now I can't remember which site it was. I can't see anything in my account area on CC that says they need anything from me in order to pay me, that's what I was asking.

I hope it didn't sound like I was whining, "where's my money?" I wasn't. I was just trying to understand how things worked here.

Thanks for your help.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Yeah, sorry, it's from the TOS, not the FAQ. The FAQ explains when payments go out, and I was going to give you that information.

You simply need to enter your PayPal information in your Author Account information page.

You'll need to have $50 in your account before you can be paid.

Thanks,
Ed
S.A.Holt

Post by S.A.Holt »

Melissa,

Congratulations on the sale! I remember how good it feels.

I hope you have many more.

Sara :D