Oy... it sure looks goofy

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Viqi French

Oy... it sure looks goofy

Post by Viqi French »

Yay! My first article was approved!

However, the long summary formatting looks a MESS. How do I go back in and fix it?

The problem is inconsistent/missing paragraph breaks. There are a few new paragraphs that are butted right up against the paragraph above it. No line space between the two.

And then, there's something about the bulleted list, too, that could stand to look neater.

I copy-pasted the long summary chunk directly from my Word document. Is this where I went wrong?

What can I do to fix it? I really would like this to look neater, to have a better chance of selling.

Thanks!
Ed

Post by Ed »

You can go in and edit/save changes to the long summary. It is important that these look nice and be readable for customers who are short on time and patience, so thanks for caring about it.

I'd also like to draw your attention to my note to you in the Introduce Yourself forum. Not a big deal, just something to keep in mind.

Thanks,
ED
Viqi French

Post by Viqi French »

Thanks, Ed!

I'll try to fix the long summary in a few hours.

I'll also pop over to see your note in the Intro section.

Best,

Viqi
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I've noticed that the spacing when copying and pasting from Word seems to be related to the document's paragraph settings. For example, if you have the paragraph settings set to be spaced using a "point size" setting rather that a hard return, this doesn't translate when copied over.
Viqi French

Post by Viqi French »

Thanks, Celeste. I just fixed the space between paragraphs.

However, I couldn't figure out how to remove the article from the Premium listings and relist it as a regular article.

If you (or anyone else) can give me a tip for how to save an article to another category type, I'd appreciate it.

Happy Friday!
Ed

Post by Ed »

Yeah, you can't edit categories. I did that upon review.

Thanks,
Ed
Viqi French

Post by Viqi French »

Thanks, Ed!

I'll leave it alone, then, and get it right next time.

Have a good one.