$ in my account doesn't match price of sold article

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

annedeacetis

$ in my account doesn't match price of sold article

Post by annedeacetis »

I just sold my first article (hooray!) for $30, however in my account, the amount due to me is $19.50.

I haven't seen anything anywhere that says Constant Content takes a cut plus that would be a pretty big cut on a $30 sale...so I'm keeping hope alive that it is an error.

What should I do?

Thanks.
dsletten

Post by dsletten »

Congrats on your sale! Please refer to the author's tutorial - it tells what percentage of sale both CC and the author get. Here is the link: http://www.constant-content.com/area/writertutorial.htm

In it you will see:
"You will also need to read the terms posted at the bottom of the page and check the box stating your willingness to comply with the site's terms and conditions. Among the terms and conditions writers should be aware that Constant Content retains 35% of the gross proceeds from each sale (writers earn 65 % of each sale). The site's proceeds are used to pay affiliates and referring authors, and to maintain Constant-Content.com. You can view the exact percentage breakdown through the link provided in the terms."

Hope this helps!
ArturoAlwaysRules

Re: $ in my account doesn't match price of sold article

Post by ArturoAlwaysRules »

65% of each sale is credited to authors. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
annedeacetis

Post by annedeacetis »

Sorry, I actually read the page but I've been signing up for a lot of these sites and just forgot where I was. I apologize. My mistake!
Ed

Post by Ed »

Anne . . . ?
Is there a reason you have been resubmitting previously approved work? A note in the short summary would help me not to think that I'm losing my mind. Or that you're losing yours. There are certain parts of the submission form that you can edit without resubmitting. Of course, if there's a problem with the file or the title, you do have to resubmit in order for the changes to take effect.

Thanks a lot,
Ed