Article gets immediately removed

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Article gets immediately removed

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi, I'm writing on behalf of one of my writing buddies who is new to CC (but not new to me :) We're in a local writer's group together and good friends). Her problem is something I've never seen before. She submits the article and it shows up as "Under Review." However, it shows up on her profile page under the listing of featured articles as if it were approved. But, if you click it, you get the page that says "article sold or removed." I had her check to see if it was purchased but it said "under review" still. I told her to delete it and resubmit it. She did and the same thing happened again - immediately.

The article is titled "It Stops at the Front Door: A Healthy Marriage Means Leaving Work at the Office" by Jenny Jones. Has this happened to anyone before? A glitch? She never recieved an approval or reject notice.
Ed

Re: Article gets immediately removed

Post by Ed »

I saw this in the queue but haven't yet gotten to it. I don't know if it's still there - I assume it is. Please also make sure she chooses an appropriate category.She is placing this article in the "Private Requests" category. This is why I have not approved it yet - I am unfamiliar with this author and have not been able to check the private requests to verify whether or not this is actually for a private request or is mis-categorized.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Ed
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Thanks Ed, I'll let her know. I believe she's writing it for the female ministry public request. I'll remind her to put it under a different, more appropriate category. It's strange that it's showing up in her profile though...
Ed

Post by Ed »

Yes, I agree that it is really weird. Let's see what happens when it gets approved. Thanks for carrying the messages. Let Jenny know she can pop onto the forums any time to meet the community.

If this happens to other new authors, I can see it causing a lot of confusion. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. If anyone else is having a similar problem (or knows of someone who is), please let us know.

Thanks,
Ed
KateB

Post by KateB »

Hi Ed and Celeste! I just submitted my first article, and the exact same thing happened to me too. (It is in the gardening category.) But the submission still shows up fine -- I can still edit it, add new files, etc. Let me know if I need to do anything!

Thanks,

Kate
Ed

Post by Ed »

Kate - your article was just approved. Everything looks okay now?
KateB

Post by KateB »

Yes! Everything seems to be linking up now!

Thanks, Ed.

Best,

Kate.