Help - can't get hold of buyer! Advice needed

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

missymoo

Help - can't get hold of buyer! Advice needed

Post by missymoo »

Hi all,

I had a private request yesterday from a lady wanting 10 articles. I agreed to do them and she then messaged me asking me to let her know when they were ready to buy.

But when I went into the private request section her messages have gone and I now have no way of contacting her.

Is there any way I can let her know when they are ready for purchase? Her name was 'Sandra'.

Thanks for your help!

Best wishes,

Allison (aka missymoo)
Word Gypsy

Re: Help - can't get hold of buyer! Advice needed

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi! Read the post that goes with this link for an explanation. Seems that everyone received the request and at least two of us were contacted to write, perhaps more: http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... =2&t=13434. I know there were at least 6 messages and I only had two of them.

I suspected that I wasn't the only one and it is good to know that I am not. Hopefully, it will get sorted out today and the request will either go private to someone or public for everyone today. WG
missymoo

Post by missymoo »

Hi again!

Firstly thanks so much for getting in touch so quickly. I did receive feedback from the client saying I should let her know when the articles were ready, so I did receive a personal reply as it seems you did as well.

I think I'll carry on writing the articles and just hope she checks the private requests section to find them! What do you think?

Thanks again for your help - if you get to the bottom of this maybe could you send another reply? I'll do the same if I hear anything!

Best wishes,

Allison (aka missymoo)
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

In my opinion, there seems to be a lot of issues with the party favor request. I don't think it was meant to be a private request, or at least not a private request to everyone. From the forum posts, there seems to be a few authors who received some type of response from the buyer. If you do write the articles, I wouldn't hide them in private request. I would put them in the general article area so if this buyer doesn't come through, another buyer may come along...
Ed

Post by Ed »

Yeah, I think it may have been that it was a PUBLIC request that went out as PRIVATE to everyone. Confused yet? I am.
Constant

Post by Constant »

That's precisely what happened ed! It is something that we are working to eliminate. It is confusing for everyone. Thanks for everyone's patience.