Rejection of Basic Market Research for Beginners – it’s Easy

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

genny

Rejection of Basic Market Research for Beginners – it’s Easy

Post by genny »

Hi

I've just spent several hours perusing your "Rejection" posts, gone through your submission guidelines (several times), and appreciate all the work that must be involved in answering the many questions on rejections. I'm so sorry to add to the pile.

I really did take a long time to come up with my article, and really did set it aside for many days (and each day checking & rechecking it), but it was still rejected. The email stated "This article neds revised for clarity" (don't hit me over the head about the spelling - it's a direct quote).

Yes, I'm also a newbie like many others here, and I certainly will be going over my article "Basic Market Research for Beginners – it’s Easy and it’s Free" with a fine tooth comb, but I'm scared I'll somehow miss something and it'll get rejected again. It would be such a help if someone could help me identify what parts need clarifying.

Thanks in anticipation,
Genny
Ed

Re: Rejection of Basic Market Research for Beginners – it’s Easy

Post by Ed »

I reviewed about 90 articles yesterday, so I apologize for the typo, but understandably I also can't recall the particulars of your article. You can either try again, and I can attempt to clarify if the article still needs work, or you can visit the "Constructive Criticism" thread in the Author Exchange forum to bounce anything you suspect of being unclear off of the other authors. Our community is extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Ed
genny

Post by genny »

Hi Ed

I don't mind your typo - I certainly understand that you've got a lot on your mind and a lot of answers to come up with (I just didn't want to get the blame for it). I will give it a thorough re-work and it might take some time. Is it OK if I post to this section of the forum to let you know when I'm about to re-submit it - just so that you can be on the lookout for it?

I'm still unclear about the "3" rejections rule. I understood that the 3 rejections had to occur in a "row" - one directly after another. Is that correct? I was just thinking that perhaps some of your prolific writers might get more than 3 rejections interdispersed throughout their hundreds of article submissions. One might expect that 3 rejections out of hundreds of articles shouldn't disqualify them from further submissions.

Thanks again
Genny
Ed

Post by Ed »

No, it's three rejections, total. While this isn't set in stone, we do enact this rule in serious cases. Discretion is always used.
jak

Post by jak »

I've just learnt a new meaning for the word 'enact'. I looked it up thinking I might catch Ed out. Should have had more sense.

Enact: 1. make (a bill or other proposal) law 2. act out (a role or play) - according to the Reader's Digest Wordpower Dictionary.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks for reminding me that I'm under scrutiny, too, Jak. ;)