Requesting Assistance from Constant Content Staff Please

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Pearl Grace

Requesting Assistance from Constant Content Staff Please

Post by Pearl Grace »

I received 2 emails a few days ago offering me a reduced amount for one of my articles that has been posted here on CC for a few months. As this was the first time this has happened, I'm not quite sure if I handled it correctly. To complicate things, I believe the email got sent twice as I received 2 of them, from the same email address. And they were requesting to purchase the article for fullrights.

Anyway, I came to the website and clicked on "Received offers" and sure enough, it showed 2 offers for the same amount for the same article from the same person. I clicked "accept" on both of them and clicked the word "change". Nothing happened that I could determine.

I haven't received another email telling me that the content was sold. Nor does it show sold on my "Recently Sold Articles" page.

So, my questions are: did this article really sell? Did I do something wrong here? Or was the email offering to buy the article a mistake? Should I try to email the person directly who made the duplicate offer?

Thanks for your help.Pearl Grace

Ed

Re: Requesting Assistance from Constant Content Staff Please

Post by Ed »

Many times a buyer will feel a writer out by asking if they will accept a lower offer for their article. After that, they don't have to buy the article and sometimes simply don't. Sounds to me like this is what happened - the customer decided not to buy the content at the lower price.

Ed
Pearl Grace

Post by Pearl Grace »

Ed,
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. That sounds very strange to me. I've been writing articles for the internet for quite some time and never had that happen. And to think they made the same offer twice with no real intention of buying!

Thanks again.

Rita C.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I was hoping one of the authors would chime in - because I think this has happened to others before. It's unfortunate, but now hopefully another customer will purchase your content for the full price.

Thanks,
Ed
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

This hasn't happened to me on CC but something similar happened one time at a garage sale. I was selling these huge designer pillows that came with my house (I bought the model) and someone asked how much. I said, "Twenty five cents." The person nodded and then walked away. I guess 25 cents was out of her price range. . .
grouchy

Post by grouchy »

Hi, Pearl -- I know this doesn't help you with your issue, but Celeste jiggled loose a memory. Many years ago, at my first garage sale ever, I had a working TV marked at $5, with a note saying the TV worked fine. It sat there the entire day. Part way through the next day, I decide to test a theory. I put a 1 in front of the 5 (=$15) and within an hour it sold for the asking price. I think people are afraid of very low prices, like there must be something wrong with the item. I know that's the way I think, anyway. Celeste, I would've paid $10 for your pillows, but probably not a quarter. I know that makes no sense.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hmmnn, I have a beautiful yellow convertible Ford Mustang for sale for $10K - I mean $20K. Anyone interested?

:)
Ed

Post by Ed »

jak

Post by jak »

I think I just replied to this in another thread.