Private Request Articles Written, then Ignored

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

melissan

Private Request Articles Written, then Ignored

Post by melissan »

I wrote a number of articles for a buyer who approached me through Private Request. After buying several of the very specific articles (which are not sellable to anyone else), the buyer had me work on a number of other articles but then just stopped communicating with me. At first he was happy and never left any indication otherwise. I trusted this buyer because he has purchased 500+ articles. I see that he has purchased more articles (from other providers), but he has still not responded to my questions regarding the content he wanted produced. How can this type of lack of communication be avoided? Obviously, we don't want to anger buyers, but what does a writer do when they are left with useless content?
Constant

Re: Private Request Articles Written, then Ignored

Post by Constant »

It's a tough one Melissa. There is no guarantee that anyone will buy anything when one writes for them. We are working on some concepts to try and prevent this type thing from happening and will keep you posted as we formulate a more coherent plan for avoiding these types of situations. I invite anyone with any ideas to join in.
melissan

Post by melissan »

Oddly, this was one of his messages....

Hi Melissa...will be buying those 2 articles. for my convenience, I would prefer viewing an entire article rather than a protion. I can be trusted. I have bought hundreds of articles from CC. Here is a request....

So, I gave him the entire article because I trusted him...he has purchased hundreds of articles...but once I started putting the entire article, he no longer purchased them.
lissie

Post by lissie »

Hm have you checked whether your content has been published on the web: if it has care to report him to everyone starting with google and adense and get him banned from CC
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I know this customer and he's on the up and up. I did a bunch of work for him in the past and recommended another writer to help him out. Unfortunately, I couldn't compete with her much lower prices and haven't done much with him since. But, he's a good guy. Remember, customers are under no obligation to buy.
melissan

Post by melissan »

Buyer purchased the content after I started this post. I understand that buyers are under no obligation to buy, but the parameters on this writing assignment were very specific making the articles useless to another buyer. I also understand that if we make buyers angry, they will just find someone else to write for their needs. My issue was that there was no communication for about a month (medical issues cited by the buyer) and I became frustrated. Although the articles were finally purchased, there has still been no communication - we've both moved on.