Question About Receiving an Offer

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Pearl Grace

Question About Receiving an Offer

Post by Pearl Grace »

I received 2 emails a few days ago offering me a reduced amount for one of my articles that has been posted here on CC for a few months. As this was the first time this has happened, I'm not quite sure if I handled it correctly. To complicate things, I believe the email got sent twice as I received 2 of them, from the same email address. And they were requesting to purchase the article for fullrights.

Anyway, I came to the website and clicked on "Received offers" and sure enough, it showed 2 offers for the same amount for the same article from the same person. I clicked "accept" on both of them and clicked the word "change". Nothing happened that I could determine.

I haven't received another email telling me that the content was sold. Nor does it show sold on my "Recently Sold Articles" page.

So, my questions are: did this article really sell? Did I do something wrong here? Or was the email offering to buy the article a mistake? Thanks for your help.
jak

Re: Question About Receiving an Offer

Post by jak »

I'm assuming that the emails came from CC, rather than the customer who would not have access to your email address. They would have been notification that the customer was making the offer. The fact that there were two was probably an error which could have been made by the customer or the CC system. You are not likely to hear any more unless the customer completes the purchase, which s/he will obviously only do once, if at all. Once the payment has been verified by CC, the purchase is completed and you be informed by email. But in case the email system is playing up, you should keep checking "licences for your content", where the completed sale will be listed.
Pearl Grace

Post by Pearl Grace »

Hi jak.
I guess I didn't make myself clear. The message came through CC's messaging system, not directly to my email address. I did receive the initial notification email from CC telling me I had a message, so I clicked on it. The name of the prospective purchaser was listed as "something".net, on the message. I've not heard anything else from that person/prospective buyer. I guess the CC staff who responded to my question earlier was right: the prospective buyer just wanted to know if I would come down on my price, then decided not to buy the article.

I've received no further email notifications from CC telling me that the content sold, so obviously, the individual decided not to buy it. In the past on CC, people simply purchased my articles without asking me to come down in price. So, this was my first experience with that aspect. Sorry this was so confusing. Thanks for your response.
Gail Kavanagh

Post by Gail Kavanagh »

I was wondering about the received offer function as well. I have received several and have accepted them, but heard nothing back about the first two, and just accepted three more today. Is it actually working? It seems curious to hear nothing at all, whether the client has actually bought the article or has decided not to - some notification would be good as it just hangs there and I am not even certain that the client knows I have accepted the offer. How does this function actually work - is the client notified? This function is very confusing - as Pearl said, you click on Accepted and Change, but nothing much seems to happen.