Full Rights?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

airwolfe777

Full Rights?

Post by airwolfe777 »

Question: If I sell an article for full rights is the article then removed from the website? I assume it would be no longer usable by me in any form, correct?

If this is the case then why would someone allow full rights? Isn't the goal here to create repeating residual income? I understand if it is a requested article - but if you are creating a article that could be used in many places, then why would you allow full rights?

Please advise,

MJ Wolfe
Ed

Re: Full Rights?

Post by Ed »

Customers are often more likely to purchase full rights because they can change the content to suit their needs, if necessary. In addition, Google and other search engines penalize for duplicate content. Customers want 100% unique content - that is why they will pay more for full rights that cannot be found anywhere else.
Ed

Post by Ed »

You can read about the licensing options under the Licensing section of the Terms of Service:
http://www.constant-content.com/area/te ... itions.htm
airwolfe777

Post by airwolfe777 »

But once they purchase full rights the article is no longer for sale on CC, correct?
Ed

Post by Ed »

From our T&C

Full Rights License: A piece of content is purchased once, by a single buyer. It will not be available for purchase to another buyer. This content is owned by the buyer and may be modified or resold as desired.

Under this License, Author has agreed that the content does not appear elsewhere in digital or print form.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

There are different strategies for making money on CC. Some writers only offer usage rights but then their articles are selling for less than ten bucks with the hope that eventually they'll start seeing profits. Others are selling full rights articles at much higher prices, taking the profits upfront. It's a matter of preference. If you want to offer only usage, you can but it will take longer to break even and then make a profit. Try a mix of both and see what works for you.
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

Great writers can also rewrite an article from a different angle or spin, so for the same research set, you might get 2 or even 3 decent articles for full rights sale. I wouldn't really say most people here use Constant-Content for residual income, like websites that pay you per read from "advertising" revenue. I would characterize Constant-Content more like an art gallery for writing. The articles are posted and advertised for free, but Constant-Content takes a commission on the sale (35%). To become worthy of hanging your "art"icle in the gallery, it is reviewed by an editor, similar to a gallery director.

Selling articles for more money but full rights works great for providing a monthly paycheck, AND the author has freedom of expression because you can write about the more risque topics out there without your name attached. :) There are some public requests however for print media, and also some buyers wishing to give by lines.