Where are my articles

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

djconnet

Where are my articles

Post by djconnet »

Hi,

I submitted three articles and I saw them in the "under review" section. Now all three of them are gone and I have not gotten a rejection nor an acceptance email. What happened to them?
Ed

Re: Where are my articles

Post by Ed »

They were rejected. We cannot accept content with website addresses/links as per our guidelines. In addition, you may ask "usage rights only" for articles published elsewhere.

Thanks,
Ed
djconnet

Post by djconnet »

I'm not sure what you mean but these articles were not published elsewhere. Why didn't I get rejection emails on them?
djconnet

Post by djconnet »

Also, can I not just take the email links out of the articles and resubmit them?
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

[quote="djconnet"]I'm not sure what you mean but these articles were not published elsewhere. Why didn't I get rejection emails on them?[/quote]

There seems to be a glitch in the email notification system. There's more about it in the Site Renovation thread. And Ed posted something yesterday about it as well....however, being of short brain cell stature, I can't remember which thread.

You may want to google your content and see what comes up, if you're certain it hasn't been published elsewhere. Just to find out what Ed is seeing.

Deborah
djconnet

Post by djconnet »

Ed,

Can you please tell me where you saw these articles already published?
Ed

Post by Ed »

I don't recall in particular. One that I checked appeared to be in blog format . . . could it be a blog that you personally maintain, or did maintain and is now defunct? If this happens again, I can make a note about it and get back with you. This wasn't the case with all four articles, but one did show up elsewhere.

Removing the links from the articles and resubmitting is fine. If you need to reference website as a part of your research, you can always just cite the name of the source without the http://www.

Thanks!
Ed
djconnet

Post by djconnet »

Thanks Ed for the answers to my questions.

These are all original articles that I have personally written and not published anywhere else. The only thing I can think of is that I originally wrote a couple of the articles for the online magazine I write for, but the magazine was never finished and never went up.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Okay. I will check again and let you know what I discover.
djconnet

Post by djconnet »

Thanks, Ed.
djconnet

Post by djconnet »

Ed,

Okay, now one of my articles has been accepted and apparently one has been rejected but I still did not get an email about either one. Could you please let me know why the one article was rejected so I can correct it? Thanks.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Sure! I made note of it this time. The article titled "Meeting Mr. Right Dot Com" was found published at rafterjumpon.com. Does this ring any bells?

Ed
djconnet

Post by djconnet »

No, this does not sound familiar AT ALL. Was it just the title that was the same or the entire article? If it was the whole article than someone must have stolen it from me. Is there anything I can do about that?
djconnet

Post by djconnet »

Ed,

I totally apologize. Apparently I have something to do with them. I went on their website and I have been given credit for this article. I absolutely do not remember them nor do I remember submitting this article. I do apologize.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Okay. Glad this has been resolved!

Ed