Need help with proofreading

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

marianexpress

Need help with proofreading

Post by marianexpress »

Hi!

As a non-native English writer, I sometimes find it very hard to do the proofreading by myself.
I'd like to know if there is anybody out there who would like to give me hand with it. I'd review the first draft, and then I'd send the text to someone who would do a final review of the text, just to be sure it's ready for submitting.

I really don't want to have my account suspended, and I'm afraid I might be on the verge of that.

I'm all for the high standards of CC: in fact, that was the reason I originally registered here, because it is very important to provide not only good content in terms of topics, but also in terms of writing quality. I think I'm a good writer - at least, that's an ideal I aspire to - but I also understand that the fact that I'm not a native English writer may become a setback if I don't ask for help.
With this post, I also want to thank CC for rejecting my articles - although I've had a couple of them accepted! - and for helping me become better at what I like to do. You bring me back to earth, and make me realize that there is still a lot to learn, all the time.

If there is anybody out there who has some time to give me hand, please let me know.

Thanks and regards,
Mariana
grouchy

Re: Need help with proofreading

Post by grouchy »

Mariana - I'd be willing to help you out. I certainly don't want you to get suspended!
marianexpress

Post by marianexpress »

Hi Grouchy!

Thanks so much for your reply!And thanks for not wanting me suspended...neither do I want that lol!
My messenger address is now next to my nickname, so add me to yours if you want to, so we can talk about it.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,
Mariana
psmker

Post by psmker »

As a new member of CC, I would be pleased to proofread a couple of your articles without charge. This will help me learn more about CC, and hopefully assist you as well. -Tom H
RhondaLeabo

Post by RhondaLeabo »

Hi-

I am relatively new here at CC. I am SO elated that I have had my first couple of submissions accepted! However I am very aware that my weak spot is proof reading. So if I can lend an eagle eye I would happy to do so. It always seems you see others typos more clearly than your own. Please let me know if I can help. :)