Getting Frustrated!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

airwolfe777

Getting Frustrated!

Post by airwolfe777 »

Ok, I have 14 articles approved and only one sale in my first week, I profited $26 on that one sale. Multiply that by 4 weeks and I make $96 for the month - that's IF I sell one article every week. I was hoping for more sales that this. I am losing my motivation to write more articles. :( Maybe my writing is not as good as the top sellers on this website. Can I get some encouragement before I stop adding new articles???

(I would even be happy with two $26 sales per week for now!)
Lor

Re: Getting Frustrated!

Post by Lor »

Hey there, airwolfe. You've only been here ten days and you've already had a sale. Well done. Don't give up on CC. I've had no sales yet, but I'm patient. I knew coming in it would be a learning curve and may take awhile to become established. Others have been very successful, so we know it's doable. I'm not overly concerned, myself. Too soon, when there is still so much I don't know.

Also, I've read in the forums, it's slow through the summer like any other business. Buck up and be patient. If your writing wasn't fine, it would not have been approved. I'm sure it's nothing to do with that, but more to do with coming into it this time of year.

Good luck (smiley face here)

Lor (Rain)
Last edited by Lor on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I'd keep writing. Specifically, in your case, I'd write more of those Malibu articles as the customer has an ongoing need for them and is a long time CC customer who continually buys content. . . He bought one, right? So, he may be looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve next. After a while, you'll get a sense of which requests will lead to lots of sales.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Articles that are written still stay in circulation, which means they can be purchased at any time. An article you write today might not sell tomorrow, but it might sell while you're on vacation and not able to write. You might sell nothing this week and then sell 12 articles next week. You just can't predict. The one thing you do know is that if you don't write, you won't sell. Once you have plenty of articles on site, it's possible to sell them while you sleep.
Lor

Post by Lor »

Good motivating words, Ed. Worked for me too. Thanks.
Lor
beconrad

Post by beconrad »

I agree with Ed. Quality work will sell, whether it is next week, next month or even next year. When I first joined CC I made a couple of sales almost immediately then nothing for quite awhile. It takes some time to build up an inventory of articles and capture the attention of buyers, but it will happen. Just keep writing, watch the public requests and write what interests you.

Bonnie
airwolfe777

Post by airwolfe777 »

Thanks for the word's of encouragement folks! I just wrote another article due to motivation from this thread. BUT if I get to 28 articles and I'm not getting any sales - you might see another "Getting Frustrated" posting in a couple of weeks! :)
airwolfe777

Post by airwolfe777 »

[quote="Celeste Stewart"]I'd keep writing. Specifically, in your case, I'd write more of those Malibu articles as the customer has an ongoing need for them and is a long time CC customer who continually buys content. . . He bought one, right? So, he may be looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve next. After a while, you'll get a sense of which requests will lead to lots of sales.[/quote]

Oh and yes - some very nice person suggested that I submit to that customer! ;)