ED - About new policy on posting complete articles

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cgardener

ED - About new policy on posting complete articles

Post by cgardener »

Is that just for private requests, or can we go back and add the whole text in to other approved articles? Just wondering, because I have one article up for sale with sources, and I think that some people don't understand what the bracketed numbers are there for. Seeing the sources at the bottom might help sell it.
DSWaltenburg

Re: ED - About new policy on posting complete articles

Post by DSWaltenburg »

I'm fairly certain you can post the whole thing in ALL your articles, since they've installed the new anti-copy technology into the coding.
Ed

Post by Ed »

(Cgardener)You can place the entire article in the long summary, but (DSW) I wouldn't do it in the case of all articles. Use this freedom judiciously. While it is an obstacle for would-be content thieves, it may not stop the most dedicated ones.
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Well, true :) Not everyone has the attention span of a flea on crack, like me!! Some people would actually have the patience to sit there and memorize a line, flip back to another screen, type it, and back and forth.....me, I'd get about 1/2 sentence done and then get distracted and move on to some thing else, like my Solitaire game :D

I'm still glad we have the option, free and clear, though!! That was kinda scary, for 2 seconds, to think about not being able to post the entirety.....
cgardener

Post by cgardener »

As someone pointed out on another thread, you can always view the page source and copy the entire article's HTML, then convert it to text.

Thieves will find a way to steal what they truly want.